project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-04, 22:14   #201
[XSYS]EIdorado
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Project Reality Vietnam Announced!

This is really really excellent news!! Looking forward to seeing the new stuff!

And of course - my heart goes out to all you non-believers
Old 2010-04-04, 22:20   #202
Tirak

Hah! I was right! It was a publicity stunt for EOD :P
Old 2010-04-04, 22:47   #203
TrahnLee
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
Hah! I was right! It was a publicity stunt for EOD :P
No publicity stunt.. Not just for EoD. This is for both PR and EoD. It is to better both of the BF2 Mods and perhaps interest more people to try the mod(s).

Most who used to play EoD, stopped playing EoD, due to the gameplay aspects. While a neat and fun mod with nice stuff.. Just had too much Vanilla gameplay feel.

There are also a few who have probably stopped playing PR, not because they did not like the game play, but got tired of the modern day aspect of it. With the combination of PR gameplay and Eve of Destruction Timeline. We can offer a wider variety of time period(s) to battle.. From the French vs VietCong in the late 50's to the US involvement into the 70's vs the VietCong and North Vietnam Armies. We bring into the conflict the Australians, French and French Foriegn Legion. We also introduce some female VC soldiers.

We also open up a whole different set of weapons, maps and equipment, with perhaps some different gameplay senarios. Therefore, as you can see, it is a good marriage of the two modifications. Each brings strengths to the mod community.

Old 2010-04-04, 23:41   #204
McBumLuv

Guys... Check out eodmod.com...

:P

Kinda sad that it has to completely change the name, but probably simply putting PR:V as the title and not doing anything else would bring a 10000% population increase :/
Old 2010-04-05, 00:02   #205
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]TrahnLee View Post
No publicity stunt.. Not just for EoD. This is for both PR and EoD. It is to better both of the BF2 Mods and perhaps interest more people to try the mod(s).

Most who used to play EoD, stopped playing EoD, due to the gameplay aspects. While a neat and fun mod with nice stuff.. Just had too much Vanilla gameplay feel.

There are also a few who have probably stopped playing PR, not because they did not like the game play, but got tired of the modern day aspect of it. With the combination of PR gameplay and Eve of Destruction Timeline. We can offer a wider variety of time period(s) to battle.. From the French vs VietCong in the late 50's to the US involvement into the 70's vs the VietCong and North Vietnam Armies. We bring into the conflict the Australians, French and French Foriegn Legion. We also introduce some female VC soldiers.

We also open up a whole different set of weapons, maps and equipment, with perhaps some different gameplay senarios. Therefore, as you can see, it is a good marriage of the two modifications. Each brings strengths to the mod community.
Not saying it was a bad thing mate By the time I found out about EOD, no one was playing it anymore, I'm looking forward to it's resurgence
Old 2010-04-05, 00:11   #206
ZAP44
Supporting Member

We tried an EOD tournament at Combat Studios remember? People stopped playing because EOD never released an update in a timely fashion…in the mean time PR was routinely keeping fresh content flowing with updates. Balance on some EOD maps was just horrible if that is the game play aspects you’re talking about. PR .9 has not helped retain PR gamers. I’m not whining as many threads remind us we are along for the ride and it is going to be whatever the Dev’s want the Mod to be. This is fine they can make it what they want and I guess play between themselves when everyone else leaves which appears to be happening since the release of .9. Does any of you PR or EOD Dev's really think adding lots of shoveling and long walks in the rice paddies to PR:EOD will interest more people?
Last edited by ZAP44; 2010-04-05 at 00:22..
Old 2010-04-05, 00:41   #207
Teek
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAP44 View Post
We tried an EOD tournament at Combat Studios remember? People stopped playing because EOD never released an update in a timely fashion…in the mean time PR was routinely keeping fresh content flowing with updates. Balance on some EOD maps was just horrible if that is the game play aspects you’re talking about. PR .9 has not helped retain PR gamers. I’m not whining as many threads remind us we are along for the ride and it is going to be whatever the Dev’s want the Mod to be. This is fine they can make it what they want and I guess play between themselves when everyone else leaves which appears to be happening since the release of .9. Does any of you PR or EOD Dev's really think adding lots of shoveling and long walks in the rice paddies to PR:EOD will interest more people?
Well your a happy camper

and I do think that adding more shoveling and longer walks to EOD (which I tried, with bots, cause it went the way of 90% of BF2 mods and dinosours) will help the content reach more players like myself, as shown by PR mod currently

Old 2010-04-05, 01:55   #208
TrahnLee
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAP44 View Post
I know of BF2C and playing EoD. I participated in that event. I even offered to change and modify EoD just specifically for the tournament and tournament play. ie.. Make a version just for the tourny.

However, the failure of this does not lie solely in my hands at BF2C. As the leadership of the tourny, did not want me to create a seperate mod just for BF2C. In fact, I had offered to even do patches and stuff and have the players at BF2C test all of them. Again, I was met with resistence. I am not sure why the guys never wanted to have me modify the build?

In anycase, when you are a one man mod team, doing EVERYTHING, because the guys on your mod team quit. Then things tend to happen slow. It takes awhile for one guy to redo and reproduce alot of content. In my case, I had to fix and redo alot of the mod build all by myself. I do wish I could have gotten things out faster back then.

However, today is a brand new day and a new time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
Guys... Check out eodmod.com...

:P

Kinda sad that it has to completely change the name, but probably simply putting PR:V as the title and not doing anything else would bring a 10000% population increase :/
Oh, there is more to it than just changing the name. We've changed alot of how things work and function. PR:Vietnam, while similiar to EoD, is not setup like EoD was setup.

PR is team orientated. EoD is and was not. Therefore, you can expect PR:V to play more like PR, but regular EoD will still be available and updated, but play more like BF2. It's not going to have the better weapons, 3d ironsights or anything that PR has. It will just be like it is today, with some new maps.

PR:V caters more to the PR community and PR playerbase. This is why we have named it the way we have.

Last edited by TrahnLee; 2010-04-05 at 02:03..
Closed Thread

Tags
announced, project, reality, vietnam