project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-04-17, 18:39   #1
cellycell
Default Topping Off Shotguns

Im sorry if this has been brought up but i searched and didnt find it. vBF2 had the same problem so it may be hardcoded: in game, when you top off your tube magazine while there is still a round in the chamber, you charge the shotgun afterwards. This makes the reloading take significantly longer, and is unrealistic. the great thing about tube magazines is that you can reload while the gun is ready to fire. again i wouldnt be surprised if this was impossible to code because it would require 2 separate reloading animations, but i wanted to point it out because someone mentioned in another thread how they preferred the S2K over the m1014 because the reloading was faster. (i still prefer the m1014 because i rarely fully empty the magazine)

also the PPSH global and player holding positions are inconsistent; from global view the offhand is foreward of the mag, from player view it is behind the mag by the trigger. this isnt really surprising because the gun seems to have no good way to hold it.
cellycell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 20:02   #2
Eddie Baker
Banned
Default Re: Topping Off Shotguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellycell View Post
vBF2 had the same problem so it may be hardcoded: in game, when you top off your tube magazine while there is still a round in the chamber, you charge the shotgun afterwards. This makes the reloading take significantly longer, and is unrealistic. the great thing about tube magazines is that you can reload while the gun is ready to fire. again i wouldnt be surprised if this was impossible to code because it would require 2 separate reloading animations, but i wanted to point it out because someone mentioned in another thread how they preferred the S2K over the m1014 because the reloading was faster.
That is the case. We cannot differentiate dry from tactical reloads with animation or ammo-count.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
shotguns, topping