project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2010-05-07, 00:59   #11
BadGuy
Default Re: SKS

The medic does have the Lee Enfield Mk3 SMLE rifle for the Taliban. The militia (Russian maps) have SKS. The Enfield is better for great shooters that want to test themselves cause the bullet goes as far accurately distanced as a snipers or the scoped one. Great suppression weapon cause of it's accuracy and sniper noise. SKS is the same bullet s the AK-47 so not as accurate or effective with semi and ten round strip fed. SKS is off my list.
BadGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 01:06   #12
BadGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobutter333 View Post
I like the idea of having a semi auto rifle and the chalange, i also understand why malitia medic has been given the SKS in replacement of the AK47 but the SKS i think still needs some tunning

would be great if malitia medic got the lee enfield eh!?
It would be great if the Militia had the Mosin Nagant. better power then the Lee in real life now think about that? But the sniper does have a lee for some reason.
BadGuy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 04:32   #13
Th3Exiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGuy View Post
The medic does have the Lee Enfield Mk3 SMLE rifle for the Taliban. The militia (Russian maps) have SKS. The Enfield is better for great shooters that want to test themselves cause the bullet goes as far accurately distanced as a snipers or the scoped one. Great suppression weapon cause of it's accuracy and sniper noise. SKS is the same bullet s the AK-47 so not as accurate or effective with semi and ten round strip fed. SKS is off my list.
you are wrong about the deviation on the lee enfield. As far as deviation is concerned it is no different than any other assault rifle apart from the AK-47, which has a higher minimum deviation.

Exiled.
Th3Exiled is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 05:38   #14
DMull

I think that since they're militia, and the Mosin Nagant is like 80 bucks and there are a gazillion of them out there, that it would be realistic if they had that for some sort of kit. Maybe instead of sniper...or as an alternative sniper kit. I couldn't see it replace the SKS since the SKS has a faster rate of fire (semi vs. bolt for a combat medic? think about it) and is pretty darn accurate. I pick it up sometimes as Russian because of that.

EDIT:Lee Enfield is pretty good, but too slow for a combat medic IMO but hey, since there is a combat medic with a bolt-action.....
Last edited by DMull; 2010-05-07 at 05:46..
Old 2010-05-16, 23:10   #15
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Little related question: why doesn't the Lee-Enfield use the correct crosshair in the scope?
Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 01:14   #16
Excavus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
Little related question: why doesn't the Lee-Enfield use the correct crosshair in the scope?
You got a reference?

The Militia sniper shouldn't get a Lee-Enfield Sniper Rifle. It'd be more realistic for them to have a Mosin-Nagant M1891-30 PU.
Excavus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 05:50   #17
GeorgRavioli
Supporting Member

Yeah if only we had a Mosin Nagant modeled. I'd totally get one of those without a scope and just pwn you all.

GeorgRavioli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 06:16   #18
Excavus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistColby71 View Post
Yeah if only we had a Mosin Nagant modeled. I'd totally get one of those without a scope and just pwn you all.
But it would be for the Sniper class, not marksman. So no ironsights.
Excavus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
sks