project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Brazilian/FARC Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Brazilian/FARC Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Brazilian & FARC Forces faction

Old 2010-06-21, 07:24   #1
aescobar32
Default FARC help

hey guys, ive been playing PR for almost 4 months now and never have thought of joining the forum... now that i did i see really cool development of the Brazilian Force/FARC factions.

i would just like to say im looking forward to this because i am Colombian and (even though i hate the FARC and ELN terrorist/drug groups) i am very excited for this development... i have lived in Colombia all my life so maybe i can give the developers some thoughts on the FARC side of things since i haven't seen any other Colombian on the forum.

one thing that i saw is that you said the voices for FARC would be made by Argentinian volunteers. i think this is a mistake(no offense) but the accents are very different... almost as different from American to British accents or Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal accents. i can do some voices if you guys need.

im am just posting here to serve maybe as consultant or whatever even though i probably dont have alot of knowledge on the FARC itself but i have lived with the conflict they brought to our country my whole life.

cheers

andres
Old 2010-06-21, 07:43   #2
aescobar32
Default Re: FARC help

just throwing some ideas out there...

an idea i had was that the FARC operates mostly inside the Colombian territory so the conflict doesn't only have to be with the Brazilian Forces. there are alot of US Marines Deployed in Colombia specifically to help the Colombian Military battle the FARC.

so my idea is a different map, in the rugged jungle/forests of the Andes mountains and have a similar mode to Insurgency but instead of weapon caches, have drug labs(like the ones in development right now) but they serve the main purpose of spawning AR and other Kits. this map would be FARC vs USMC.

another thing is that FARC is helped financially by outside forces like the Venezuelan government and they give Russian weapons to the FARC so they have a mixed variety of weapons beside the AK-47 including a vast amount of grenade launchers and some MI-8 helicopters.
Old 2010-06-21, 10:53   #3
Wakain

hey aescobar, welcome to the forum

on the pr forums there is quite a strict suggestion discipline: suggesting maps(except when it's pure gameplay or aesthetics related feedback on existing maps) will get you the response "learn to map and do it yourself" as making a map is a difficult and time consuming proces.

I guess your knowledge of colombia might be usefull to the brazilian forces/farc dev team, I'm not really able to calculate how much though, what I can you is what the above mentioned team already posted, which I believe you might have overlooked, in the faction's design plan you can see that the farc sports a variety of weapons like the fn fal, m16a1 and galil besides the ak47.
also I should mention that to my idea the brazilian forces are the team's priority, to give them a semi-realistic foe and to open up a new front with a vastly different terrain from other factions the farc were thrown in, maybe in the future the americans could play a role but I think the brazilians prefer to keep them for themselves at first in a fictional drugs and insurgency related fight on their hometurf.

I'm not trying to put you down here, but give you a more accurate view of what the faction's about.
perhaps your colombian accent can prove to be invaluable if you happen to have a professional studio where you can record and at least two other people with good voices(for squadmember/squadleader/commander).

salute
Old 2010-06-22, 20:11   #4
Bigglestheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post
hey aescobar, welcome to the forum

on the pr forums there is quite a strict suggestion discipline: suggesting maps(except when it's pure gameplay or aesthetics related feedback on existing maps) will get you the response "learn to map and do it yourself" as making a map is a difficult and time consuming proces.
Yeah I am pretty much going to learn map so I can make a US army versus Russia winter map. Since I know no one is going to do it for me might as well do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post

I'm not trying to put you down here, but give you a more accurate view of what the faction's about.
perhaps your colombian accent can prove to be invaluable if you happen to have a professional studio where you can record and at least two other people with good voices(for squadmember/squadleader/commander).
Yeah he could help add to the realism
Last edited by Bigglestheman; 2010-06-22 at 20:19..
Old 2010-06-22, 21:06   #5
FPaiva

The War agains the FARC rages on USA's supported Colombian government, that's no lie about it, but the faction's focus is the illegal operations by FARC inside the Brazilian Territory. It's already know that this happens, such a fact came to the lights in 1991 in the TraĆ­ra River, where some Army members went abushed and injured by some FARC members.

The Faction background history is done and we are not going to make any changes on it, while it still FARC/ Brazil only, but FARC will be in the PR's main biuld when it get released and that faction will help another community Factions like the Ducth and the PSC to get their own maps agains them (even if i think a little surreal Ducth Military operating in South-American)

About the different languages, the Faction Design Plan thread is a bit outdated, we will use Colombian-made voices and everthing is double-checked and ready to go. My suggestion is to keep a constant eye here for updates.

I hope i have answered your questions and cleared your doubts.
Thread Closed

Tags
farc