project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-10-14, 17:29   #11
MrTomRobs
Default Re: Does the supression effect cause loss of accuracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-recon View Post
If you just shoot more at the enemy than they do you'll have more chance to kill, accuracy is actually just bull****.
Uh huh... yeah. Course...

On the other hand -
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Chuc,1466410]Being effectively suppressed more or less means to the person on the receiving end: "You've lost this engagement, better try another approach before the next bullet goes through your helmet".
This hits it bang on the head. Hence, the DEV tags...

However, being suppressed in PR doesn't appear to affect accuracy. Been on CO-OP a few times just trying different shizz and i came under suppression when i had my sights on a guy and squeezed (hypothetically) then dropped him.

I think its more of an simulation effect rather than actualyl affecting anything. Could be a good inclusion in future developments though, suppression affecting accuracy?
MrTomRobs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 17:35   #12
Psyko

supression is only to make you change your mind about an engagement. if your visions blurry its either because somone set an asset next to you, somones firing at you from far away or your playing with it too much, osnap.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:34   #13
ryan d ale

Thanks for the replies.

I always think I can 'take' someone when they're supressing me haha.

Of course, having asked this question, you might have guessed that I haven't managed to.

Best bet is probably cover
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 02:26   #14
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-recon View Post
If you just shoot more at the enemy than they do you'll have more chance to kill, accuracy is actually just bull****.
The Germans racked up over 8 million freaking kills and they had a 5 shot bolt action. On the other hand they had big tanks and the machine gun, hmmm.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, effect, loss, supression