project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
17 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2010-11-22, 20:43   #1
KidJesus
Default [Solved] [Win7] Getting Disconnected from Servers after a few minutes...

I got a new powerful Dell XPS this weekend and Downloaded BF2 and PR. Because my new comp is so powerful, I am running PR on all High Settings (runs smooth, no problems; also running ARMA II on High Settings with no lag/issues), and it is just awesome....when I am not being disconnected from servers.

I was able to get on the some servers Saturday night, but was consistently being disconnected with the message that says "Error: Problem with Connection", then it boots me out to the main screen where I have to sign back into PR, saying "Error Reading from Server". I got this about 7-8 times that night and each time after about only 5-6 minutes of playing time. I was able to get on another server that night and it seemed to play fine, but then yesterday again I wasn't able to play on multiple servers for more than a couple of minutes.

Does this have anything to do with my Video Settings? I never seemed to have connection issues as consistent as this with my last rig (Playing PR on Medium Settings). I was able to log on to an ARMA II: OA server and it played fine without disconnecting me, so it seems to be just relegated to PR. Any insight anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated...

I need a PR fix to get my PR fix!
Old 2010-11-22, 20:44   #2
KidJesus
Default Re: Getting Disconnected from Servers after a few minutes...

My gaming rig specs:

Manufacturer:
Dell Inc.
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory:
6144MB RAM
Hard Drive:
624 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M
Monitor:
Sound Card:
Speakers (2- Logitech G35 Headset)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Old 2010-11-23, 00:29   #3
SnipingCoward

This is possibly a networking issue. Your router probably has some kind of security feature which will detect flooding caused by game data and VOIP streaming.
Often it is a (poor) work-around if you disable VOIP. See if this fixes it to help us determine if its the above mentioned cause.
see this thread: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...t-problem.html
Old 2010-11-23, 15:44   #4
KidJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]SnipingCoward View Post
This is possibly a networking issue. Your router probably has some kind of security feature which will detect flooding caused by game data and VOIP streaming.
Often it is a (poor) work-around if you disable VOIP. See if this fixes it to help us determine if its the above mentioned cause.
see this thread: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...t-problem.html

UPDATE: Ok, thank you so much for the help! I was able to disable a firewall that my router was using and I disabled the Detect Denial of Service option on the router, too. It seems to be working fine now...but I have had only limited time to test. Consider this problem fixed unless I update it within the next few days. Thanks again! Much appreciation!

Tags
disconnected, minutes, servers, solved, win7