project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-12-01, 14:34   #31
Limitbreaker
Default Re: Snipers:Real use

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki1120 View Post
Well, a real life snipers job is about 90% Recon and surveillance, 10 % taking a shot, normaly on standard missions. and its one shot then move unless they are supporting an element during a diliberate attack. Having Guili suits back would be nice too but maybe make it so that you can turn it off and on?
"Real life" are keywords there.
Limitbreaker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 08:13   #32
p0w3rs

What do u guys do when your a sniper?
I 60% survellience 20% recon 10% kill 10% CAS spotter
p0w3rs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 19:03   #33
Themanager55

I don't think there is much of a recon element as a sniper in PR:Bf2. I think you'd best use a regular soldier to do any recon if necesary because

1) His kit is by a long shot not as valuable as a sniper's
2) He has the same chance of being detected.
3) The binoculars are equally good compared to the QLTD/Sniper scope since the view distance is limited in such a way Bino's do the job just as good at identifying a target.

The only thing a Sniper kit is useful for and then I mean the ONLY thing is spotting for CAS. the QLTD makes you able to lase targets meaning high precision CAS.

The sniper itself is rather useless since anyone killed will have spawned back in one minute. The only time your pin point accuracy will come in handy is when picking of a lone sqaud wandering miles away from a nearby FOB.
Themanager55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 19:33   #34
burghUK

lets be totally honest with ourselves.

We are all probably sitting on about 75% shooting 25% CAS spotting , surveillance.
If not, you're lying to yourself.
you should b averaging 20-30 kills a round with a sniper kit (on muttrah atleast) thats a big help to the team for one person and a hell of alot more useful than 1 person in a squad.
Last edited by burghUK; 2011-01-04 at 19:39..

Tags
snipersreal