project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Brazilian/FARC Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Brazilian/FARC Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Brazilian & FARC Forces faction

Old 2011-02-09, 02:20   #71
FPaiva

Default Re: [Vehicle] Agrale Marruá AM1/AM10/AM20

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Any chance we can see the texture sheets too and how many tris is the model etc? Also don't forget about the Machine gun mount and ammo box holder and make sure you make it to the specs of the weapon ingame (also check you get the most upto date files from Leush to work with)

Other than that, looking really good guys!
Sheets:

-Sorry about the watermark, i've got some past trouble with stealing...

Polycount:

-Don't mind about the shitty smooth, the final export has one better:

But as Salmonella is missing, the export is missing...
Old 2011-02-09, 14:28   #72
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

how many tris is it? polys are not an accruate form of measurement and all polys get converted into tris on export anyhow.

Your textures look a little flat if I'm going to be honest, think you could add some more dirt and life into them, also a normal map etc would be good if you don't already have one

Also seems there's a few smoothing errors on the seats in your max one (not the old export) and the bars also look they need a lot more smoothing too if they are meant to be round bars.

Also the inner bits of the wheels it looks like you could optimize them quite a bit via collapsing many of there edges, like this tut shows (later on in the tut that is): https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...cylinders.html

Other than that, looks pretty good.

Old 2011-02-09, 15:45   #73
FPaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
how many tris is it? polys are not an accruate form of measurement and all polys get converted into tris on export anyhow.

Your textures look a little flat if I'm going to be honest, think you could add some more dirt and life into them, also a normal map etc would be good if you don't already have one

Also seems there's a few smoothing errors on the seats in your max one (not the old export) and the bars also look they need a lot more smoothing too if they are meant to be round bars.

Also the inner bits of the wheels it looks like you could optimize them quite a bit via collapsing many of there edges, like this tut shows (later on in the tut that is): https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...cylinders.html

Other than that, looks pretty good.

The Smooths of the Old export is the current smooth, but Salmonella used Maya for modelling, i don't know why but when i imported the .obj in the max9, all the smooth was lost, then i've just added a Autosmooth modifier just to make the textures, as the export is already done.
I'm already using both Specular and Normal maps on it, but about the dirt, i still didn't figured out a way to do it properly.
About the tris, it has 7027 tris
Last edited by FPaiva; 2011-02-09 at 15:58..

Tags
agrale, am1 or am10 or am20, marruá, vehicle