Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2006-08-10, 11:30   #1
MrD
Supporting Member

Default It's never a party without a stolen goat in your Twocked Volvo

Almost as interesting as the guy that got done for having sex with barnyard animals, spotted by commuters on a train going by.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/10/goat_joyride/

Welshman in 12 pint cider binge goat death ride
Kid-napping ends in tragedy
By Chris Williams
Published Thursday 10th August 2006 10:18 GMT

A partygoer drank 12 pints of cider, stole a goat from a smallholding and took it on a backseat joyride in a Volvo he TWOCed from a nearby farm.

The goat, an 11-month-old called Snowy, died two days after its white-knuckle ordeal.

The joyride ended when the sozzled Swansea man piled the car into a stationery tractor and was apprehended by farmer Huw Leyshon, The BBC reports. Leyshon said: "I thought it was me who was drunk - I thought I was seeing things."

Neath magistrate's court heard Carl Anthony Myles, 20, plead guilty to aggravated vehicle theft. He conceded he had no memory of the incident, owing to the Olympian quantity of fermented apple juice he'd consumed on 4 July.

Myles' defence asked: "Did you know you had a goat with you and did you have any intention of driving the vehicle on the road?" Myles replied: "No."

Sentencing Myles to 120 hours community service yesterday, District Judge Richard Williams told him: "It seems to me you did this purely out of immense stupidity." He was banned from driving for two years and ordered to pay the farmer almost £1,400 compensation.

Snowy's owner Terry Batt, who kept her as a pet for his granddaughter, said: "I've no idea why he did it. I can't make it out because there was no benefit to him whatsoever. He can't be normal to do something like that."

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Old 2006-08-10, 11:51   #2
Downtown_two

Goog god, what is happening to the world.
Old 2006-08-10, 12:34   #3
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

and has been since it's creation ..... no one has a clue.
Old 2006-08-10, 13:52   #4
Wraith
Retired PR Developer

Spamage.

Tags
goat, party, stolen, twocked, volvo