project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
25 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-04-24, 10:28   #1
Vaiper
Lightbulb Pilots macro 4 chat

Ever become tired by typing in chat as a pilot to every pasanger who is dumb enough to hop into yours suicidical choper?.. xD

Not anymore!!! Because i write a simple ahk script, which is designed to type things automaticly and faster!!!!!!

Usage: (make sure numlock is on)

Press numlock1 to autotype mesage in chat: "Where do u wanna be droped and do u gonna need suplies?"
Press numlock2: Common, get in my chopper!
Press numlock3: Jump out NOW!
Press numlockenter: CAS ready, report & laze targets!
Press numlock dot to reload script (to make it stop typing if u hit acidently something or whatever)

Video preview

Spoted issues:

Its related to fps, but if fps is lower, where must be set more miliseconds interval between each letter, or it wont be pressed.(at worst scenario there will be not pressed the first key "k" and if u was walking at the moment, u will start jumping, as script executing spaces between words, or if u are in vehicle, u will exit from it if its "e" key assigned)
For example at preview video there was set 50ms between each letter, my ussual 30ms config was not working because of reduced fps caused by recording.
To fix it, manualy edit source code to fit u needs and recompile (or install ahk sotware and u can launch directly from source)

Download link (includes compiled exe version, uncomiled ahk version, and compiler) (compiled version is set to 30ms, uncompiled to 50ms)

Other toughts: The script is only 6 rows lengts, realy simple, feel free to modified it to fit u needs, and maybe if u make some decent improvements, u are welcome to post it here
Last edited by Vaiper; 2011-04-25 at 13:23..
Old 2011-05-11, 14:02   #2
Tarranauha200

Default Re: Pilots macro 4 chat

Good script!
But Im afraid you are bit late, everyone use mumble these days.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 07:29   #3
PR.Rob.McLoughlin
Supporting Member

this would be good, even with mumble, since sometimes you have to do evacs in which, you aren't picking up squad members. A pretty common one would be "GET OUT MY CHOPPER!" not for dropping people off, but for the noobs that will nick your black hawk whilst your on tea break.
Last edited by PR.Rob.McLoughlin; 2011-05-24 at 07:40..
Old 2011-07-13, 06:17   #4
Q2M100

Extremely useful, especially on non-mumble servers. Thanks!

EDIT: Too slow to be useful.
Last edited by Q2M100; 2011-07-28 at 01:25..
Old 2011-07-13, 15:53   #5
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

The script is good but it's kinda slow, I type that a bit faster than it does, and if you speed it up, half of the letters won't show up if you aren't running on 100 FPS.. Too bad that the BF2 engine doesn't allow copy paste, then it could be typed instantly..

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, macro, pilots