project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Map Strategies
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-02-07, 22:37   #1
Shaihuluid
Thumbs up Al-Basrah Insurgent strategy: hold the fort!

It's been a while (before .9) , but as insurgents at al-basrah, this map strategy made for a really successfull fight. Our Squad sapped/destroyed all bridges leading into al-basrah save for one directly in front of the old brit fort, and occupied the fort for use in ambush. to prevent over-run by AFV's , civilian cars were converted into impromptu roadblocks at both fort entrances, and a technical was hoarded inside as mobile-fire power. At idle points in time, the technical would be manned by two infantry and flown out the rear entrance for short-range combat patrols, frequently yielding infantry kills.

throughout our stay at the fort, we racked up about 2-3 light-skinned vehicle kills, somewhere around 19 hostile Infantry kills, and sustained roughly 9 casualities. our squad was never driven from the fort. highly successfull, and by the end nearly everyone had a rare british kit.

I'd mention the name of our capable squadleader, but honestly cannot remember the whole name ("Xchile", or something)
Shaihuluid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:42   #2
<|90Viper90|>
Banned
Default Re: Al-Basrah Insurgent strategy: hold the fort!

I might try that sometime.. Seems like a good idea but I think the whole team would have to agree because otherwise they will think you're just wasting cars if you keep driving them and leaving them there and the team will have no trans or 'allah akbhur' vehicles to speed about in with RPG's
<|90Viper90|> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 13:05   #3
Mikemonster
Default Re: Al-Basrah Insurgent strategy: hold the fort!

Heh, nice idea. I did this the other week with a squad.. VCP can be a bit hard to defend and a bit hard to attack depending on the number of occupants and how alert they are.

One problem now is that the Brits can spawn in there. Not only that, but they have two land rovers with the .50 cals on. A decent squad in there expecting an attack at the start of the round will eat any insurgents that come near (and rightly so too, it is quite an emplacement!).

As it was, my squad disturbed and overwhelmed some Brit FOB diggers and destroyed all of the hardware in there. Then we held the VCP for a fair while. Definately made it worthwhile in terms of tickets vs Intel points.

Protip: there is a section of Hesco that the Warrior can shoot through from the bridge. It's amusing but see if you can spot it. I don't mind, for me it simulates an AP round defeating the Hesco.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
albasrah, fort, hold, insurgent, strategy