project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-06, 15:56   #1
=sealz=StOBeR
Default Shawdow or Lighting Problems w/ Night Maps

Hey,
I was hoping I could get some feedback with a problem I was having only when I played Shaqri Night and Strike At Karkand Night...

The game play is fine no lag or anything but some of the buildings are pitch black untile I walk right up to them and move the mouse around....

I know most of you are going to jump and say your video card sucks....which could be true...I have the ATI x1600 Pro 256mb......

Thats the biggest AGP (yes I know Im probally the only one still running agp) they make....

Please shoot me some info if you could...thanks
Old 2006-09-06, 16:00   #2
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

no it's a bug with PRMM v0.31. We have made an attempt to fix it with v0.4, but need more testing on the fix to confirm if it's addressed the issue.

The problem *should* go away if you run dynamic shadows on Medium or lower (as noted in the readme).

Cheers!
egg

Old 2006-09-06, 16:12   #3
=sealz=StOBeR

Sry eggman.....didn't mean to make it sound like it was a bug with PRMM.....I know it's on my computer...I was just thinking this is the place where I could get some helpful info on what might correct it. Thanks again mate.
Old 2006-09-06, 16:22   #4
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

no need to be sorry heh .. it's actuyally *is* a bug with PR, the workaround being to run dynamic shadows on medium.

I hope we've fixed it with v0.4, we've made some changes to the night maps that should make them more night like as well as .. I hope .. address this black texture issue.

Cheers!
egg

Old 2006-09-06, 16:29   #5
=sealz=StOBeR

Egg U DA MAN!!!! I just went and did what you said....and BLAM its working like a champ!

Thanks again buddy and I do appoligize because I know you guys have to answer the same questions every day. I really really do appreciate the time you guys take to work with us on getting the games working to perfection. And we obviously appreciate all the time you guys take to put this mod together...THANKS AGAIN EGGMAN AND PRMM TEAM!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
lighting, maps, night, problems, shawdow, w or