project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Map Strategies
25 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2012-01-28, 04:08   #1
the_epic_pooh
Banned
Default Muttrah City tips and tricks.

Well, Decided to place this up here, since no one has posted on here in over 4 months or so!

I am NOT going to post a layout or w/e of a map of Muttrah, I will explain in good words!

USMC

First off, people do whine about the Carrier being the only first spawn for USMC. This is a good thing for USMC for one part. You can't get spawn killed. It's a perfect spot, unless a MEC soilder goes for a nice swim and C4's the dang ship, but you are so unlikely to get spawn killed, but it is high from a team mate.

USMC has to of course start off by capping the Docks, make a FOB, then Attack/Defend!

USMC should consist of at least 9 full squad's, there is NO excuse for no 9 full squad's.

Here are what the Squad's role shoudl be...

Squad 1, Trans Helicopter (3 max?)
Squad 2, Infantry (6/6, Full squad)
Squad 3, APC/AAV (Must communicate)
Squad 4, CAS (Best squad eva?)
Squad 5, Defense (Important, must have this to win.)
Squad 6, Sniper Squad (Must have 2 Snipers, have these, you might win)
Squad 7, Infantry 2 (Full squad, no joke!)
Squad 8, Defense 2 (Easy Win)
Squad 9, Mortards (Have them at like F2 or F1, you will get a good victory!!!)

If you do not join a squad, you deserve a kick from the server! Also, if you do NOT have a mic/mumble... you should deserve a kick too! Mumble is a winning key factor to anyone that use's it!!! US has a advantage by Helicopter's.

Now, for the MEC!!!!!

MEC has a HUGE advantage in Defense, they can take positioning very quickly at first spawn. If they don't, they will have a 99.99% chance of losing! :])
Here are teh squad's I consist and recommend!

1.MTLB (Must have, and you will win if you have a good MTLB squad!)
2.Assault INF (Assaulting the Citie's and objectives! Do this squad if you have a good experience in Squad Leader position.
3.Defense (Can't do anything but d3f3nd! I have made the MEC win on this map one time from my Squad Leader defensive skills! )
4.BTR (BTR will make you, I mean make you WIN. Communicate or die!)
5.Recon (Have a recon squad. Do not go on tops of the mountains, you will die... no joke!)
6.Defense 2 (Squad 3 HAS to communicate w/ this squad... They could defend their good ol' camping sites!)
7.Attacker's (Communicate w/ squad 2. Have them seperated at least 300 meter's.)
8.Mortar's (Do, or die! MEC has an advantage at Alpha 12.)
9.FOB's (They make Fob's. And they help you have that good firebase to spawn and defend/assault on!!!)

Doing these squad's will make you win.

I have played so many times Squad Leader on this map for only Defense. I helped and communicated w/ mumble, and the team. What was our final score we won by???

Just take a guess.... you will never guess it.

USMC (My team) won... 342-0. Easy you think? Nope. My squad had a total of 76 kills, and ONLY 13 deaths!!!! I was the best squad that round for the whole round/map!!!

I can say this... If you are on MEC and you wanna be defense SL... Just defend the construction site. It's gonna be good, FIRST you must place a AA Gun up...

If you are on USMC... You must take the interior walk... It's the middle of the map to the next objective! Just do it!!!!

Hope I helped.
the_epic_pooh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 05:53   #2
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: Muttrah City tips and tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_epic_pooh View Post
USMC should consist of at least 9 full squad's, there is NO excuse for no 9 full squad's.
9 x 6 = 54. Maximum players on one team is 32. You can't get 9 full squads.

Quote:
Squad 6, Sniper Squad (Must have 2 Snipers, have these, you might win)
No. Split the snipers up in two, and give each of them a spotter/medic. This way they will be able to do twice as much recon.

Quote:
MEC has a HUGE advantage in Defense, they can take positioning very quickly at first spawn. If they don't, they will have a 99.99% chance of losing! :])
You're just throwing out statistics out of nowhere without having any clue about what you're talking about. If they don't take a defense position at the beginning, their chance of losing isn't 99.99 %. The USMC would be (without anyone rushing) somewhere between North- and West City after 10 minutes. So if you're 10 minutes late, you will still be able to set up a decent defense at East City.

Quote:
I can say this... If you are on MEC and you wanna be defense SL... Just defend the construction site. It's gonna be good, FIRST you must place a AA Gun up...
Why? Defending a T-building which has walls and windows instead of just poles and a roof, is a lot easier. I don't think the construction-site is in cap-range of any flags either, so defending it is absolutely unnecessary.

There are other parts of your post that I should comment on as well, but I think I got the most important ones above.

As I said in your earlier post, you seem like a guy that likes to give people tips without having any idea of the tips you're giving. Go play PR another 6 months before you come back here to help someone, so you won't post just nonsense.
Last edited by saXoni; 2012-01-28 at 07:14..
Old 2012-01-28, 11:56   #3
Curry
Supporting Member

Who needs snipers anyway?

Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 12:04   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Muttrah is actually one of the maps I sometimes like to have a sniper in my infantry squad, Officer, medic, ar, sniper, rifleman and an AT/grenadier, set up in the tallest buildings south of the north city flag and you are in a perfect position to engage multiple possible enemy locations. With A sniper you can seriously piss off the enemy from good cover, particularly efficient at suppressing enemy AA positions - which will keep your aerial life lines and CAS alive allowing you to be fully effective.

I definately like having a sniper in my squad on muttrah if I'm on the 128 server where there are extra squad slots.

From the MEC position, I just pick a building and hold it no matter what

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 12:34   #5
dtacs
Supporting Member

Out of curiosity how long have you been playing PR for?
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 13:50   #6
Curry
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudd View Post
Muttrah is actually one of the maps I sometimes like to have a sniper in my infantry squad, Officer, medic, ar, sniper, rifleman and an AT/grenadier, set up in the tallest buildings south of the north city flag and you are in a perfect position to engage multiple possible enemy locations. With A sniper you can seriously piss off the enemy from good cover, particularly efficient at suppressing enemy AA positions - which will keep your aerial life lines and CAS alive allowing you to be fully effective.

I definately like having a sniper in my squad on muttrah if I'm on the 128 server where there are extra squad slots.

From the MEC position, I just pick a building and hold it no matter what
what can a sniper do what a HAT cant? If a special kit then a HAT (for cobra, armor and AA's, etc.) IMO go for CQB and leave the roofs. Officer, Medic, AR (alt) and SPC - nothing more. Travel light and fast, let the asset get killed by a proper ambush sqd. Get a dedicated mortar crew up and work with them.

Works for both sides

Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 21:39   #7
the_epic_pooh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Out of curiosity how long have you been playing PR for?
Since .92 on THIS account.
I had another account from 06 or something... It was .6 version. I can't remember casue it's OLD.
the_epic_pooh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 02:17   #8
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Since .92 on THIS account.
I had another account from 06 or something... It was .6 version. I can't remember casue it's OLD.
For some reason I don't believe you, but whatever.

It's obvious that you have no idea about what you're talking about, so as I said, go play some more PR before coming here to make threads, as there's no point of you doing it now.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 02:47   #9
xambone

5 rounds in a row on USMC i went to Western Crooked T and put a Fob on the roof and just kept people watching the stairs and one guy hiding in the bathroom with a shovel digging the fob after Beast and Mortar hitting us.

I like the effort though
xambone is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 03:53   #10
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think some of you are being a bit mean to pooh here but pooh, I think its best that you get some more experience with PR and its maps before you start giving out guidelines on how maps are played and giving suggestions on how to improve the mod.

Some of us have been hear from the begging, I myself have been hear since v0.2 when PR was only a mini-mod and most players here have been playing solidly since v0.5 and have a much better idea about PR and its tactics so might be an idea to refrain from this stuff for a bit

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
city, muttrah, tips, tricks