project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Dutch Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Dutch Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Dutch Forces faction.

Old 2011-08-12, 15:04   #21
MonkeySoldier
Default Re: New Camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBoZ View Post
Basically that is our entire army :P
All together yes, but the OOCL (Operational Support Command Land) is the biggest single unit within the Dutch Army.
Old 2011-08-14, 12:42   #22
Wakain

it's good that finally we're doing something that will distinguish our troops from other countries, and I believe a little modernisation was about time. Frankly though, I can't say I like the pattern. Perhaps I've got to get used to it but it looks like fleckt... no... german ww2 SS peadot or perhaps oak leaf camo with PLA colors and some funky light green to make it different.

anyway this will not be issued, if at all, untill 2014 so untill then reskins aren't necessary. you can scrap those leopards though
Old 2011-08-21, 08:10   #23
DieVoorJe91

If so this will be used, im jealous of the OOCL units... Especially 400 GNK...
Old 2011-09-27, 05:23   #24
Redamare
Supporting Member

I like how its like a more jungley style digi camo im excited
Old 2012-02-24, 14:56   #25
MonkeySoldier

Seen the woodland/ urban and arid/desert camo myself a few days ago, looks really nice, the new uniform is innovative as well, although the fabric makes the colors look a bit faded though.
Old 2012-02-26, 07:02   #26
PFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
although the fabric makes the colors look a bit faded though.
I thought that was a good thing. Most uniforms end up looking that way overtime with use and dirt and all that and thats better than a crisp new uni. At least thats what seems reasonable to me.
Old 2012-02-26, 12:59   #27
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk View Post
I thought that was a good thing. Most uniforms end up looking that way overtime with use and dirt and all that and thats better than a crisp new uni. At least thats what seems reasonable to me.
I guess it depends, the woodland prototype is one with contrasting colors, with lime green, dark green, grey and orange sticking out the most at long distance, but closer up it's made up of many different colors, including black and dark brown. Cadpat for example looks like it looses its effectiveness when it get's washed out, with the prototype woodland/urban it doesn't look that bad though.
Last edited by MonkeySoldier; 2012-02-26 at 13:06..
Old 2012-02-27, 16:16   #28
MonkeySoldier

Photo's of the prototype camo, both woodland/urban and desert/arid (in the back). This is not by definition the new camo as the topic title suggests, it is merely a prototype which hasn't received funding at the moment of writing.

Tags
camo