project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2013-01-22, 15:03   #1
kangaroo
Default Goose green airfield/skyraider

A problem I recently had with the skyradier on goose green was when ever it spawned enemy would be hiding in the bushes and would kill it with a LAT. It started at the beginning of the round when the gazelle dropped enemy inf at the end of the runway and they tried to kill the skyraider with a LAT, the job was done for them when a guy in a truck decided to drive infront of me when I was taking off. This however continued all throughout the round when the plane spawned enemy would either, come out of the bushes and LAT it, mortar it, or use a stinger on it.

Is it possible to add a spawn point to the airfield which would hopefully give it the same status as the vehicle spawns on silent eagle and prevent an asset that take 20 minutes to spawn to be destroyed before even having a pilot get inside it?

Also the addition of defenses such as wire, guard towers and cleared ground surrounding the airfield would help defend the plane from attack.

note, the spawn time does seem abit harsh considering how easy it is to bring the plane down especially with normal falklands could the spawn time be pushed down to 12 minutes? I do realise how much the plane decimates but AA becomes to common and you only need 1 missle from an unknown direction to bring you down as you dont really have enough flares to give you complete coverage for long.
kangaroo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 15:16   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Goose green airfield/skyraider

the airfield cannot be reinforced by anything as in RL it was just a simple dirt strip. So that's also how I tried to portray it. When it comes to it being camped I don't really mind It's up to the ARG to hold their line closed and watch the gazelle at all times. This is the same on many other maps too.

The idea of it respawing at bit faster is something I might consider yes When it comes to a spawnpoint, in the next version of my map the Argentinians will have a spawnpoint on the airfield indeed, but only if they have boca house as a flag. Otherwise it would be too easy for them to attack boca house with a spawnpoint that close. Thanks for your feedback. However please next time don't make a separate thread for it in this part of the forums. Post it here where all feedback for maps is centralized:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f25...eedback-2.html

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 02:25   #3
kangaroo
Default Re: Goose green airfield/skyraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_MineralWouter View Post
the airfield cannot be reinforced by anything as in RL it was just a simple dirt strip. So that's also how I tried to portray it. When it comes to it being camped I don't really mind It's up to the ARG to hold their line closed and watch the gazelle at all times. This is the same on many other maps too.

The idea of it respawing at bit faster is something I might consider yes When it comes to a spawnpoint, in the next version of my map the Argentinians will have a spawnpoint on the airfield indeed, but only if they have boca house as a flag. Otherwise it would be too easy for them to attack boca house with a spawnpoint that close. Thanks for your feedback. However please next time don't make a separate thread for it in this part of the forums. Post it here where all feedback for maps is centralized:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f25...eedback-2.html
The thing is but the gazelle with an instant spawn just brings ppl over to airfield too quickly. I have seen the team go shoot it down but only after its dropped off and then there are too many thick bushes which LAT and AA guys Hide in
kangaroo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
airfield or skyraider, goose, green