project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-05-01, 22:51   #11
Blackburn92xBHD
Default Re: Is swimming realistic?

what makes swimming so difficult with a combat gear is not the swimming itself.. its the float that makes you drift away... in SAS 2/3 of the accidents that happen in training are because of crossing rivers. i dont know if BF2's engine allows the devs to make floating rivers but it would be nice to see in 1.0
Blackburn92xBHD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:28   #12
jhonebone40

I don't think its realistic i also find this one inappropriate
jhonebone40 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 22:45   #13
Dizakui

Could it not be implemented that time in water affects stamina, just being in the swimming state causes stamina loss?
It would make sense that when you're more tired you wouldn't be able to swim as long, after swimming for a while you wouldn't be able to sprint very far.
Maybe have it so that when stamina runs out you start losing a small amount of health. (Technically it would even work on land because the regeneration of samina as standard would stop you losing too much health, and over-exhaustion certainly ain't fun)

As it is though and reading through everything it makes more sense to be able to swim, I can't think of too many examples where people in game have been in the water for extended periods of time.
Dizakui is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 23:08   #14
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElshanF View Post
You should be able to fire when swimming surely ? Not accurate but you get what I mean
unless your special forces and use some james bond style of attack during the cover of darkness i don't think you want to engage while your still swimming since there is no cover in the water. Army soldiers would cross water with all there gear including there weapons in a water-sealed bag that also works as a floating device, which means that when they touch land it would take them a considerable amount of time before they are geared up and ready to continue. A soldiers worst enemy is getting wet so that's why they would avoid deep water crossings as much as possible.

Swimming soldiers rely on others to cover them..... and apart from the quickness of getting ready when you reach land i think it is quite realistic as it is now. I think it is difficult to implement a mechanism that makes it possible to distinguish if a player has just been in water... or if he is exiting a vehicle. maybe i'm wrong.

Sprint should be drained 100% when in water though.......and start to re-gen as soon as you reach dry-land
Last edited by Gracler; 2013-05-04 at 23:14..

Tags
realistic, swimming