project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-07, 21:01   #1
Henrique_Dalben
Banned
Default LMG, GPMG and Marskmen deviation.

It's still ridiculous, i tested the Mk.12 deployed, from the prone position, firing at targets 200m away. Out of 10 rounds it only landed 2 where i was aiming, 1 second interval between shots. It misses by a little margin, maybe 3-5 feet away from where you're aiming, but it's still retarded not being able to hit a man sized target exatcly where you're aiming with a DMR from 200 meters.

Also, it's more precise undeployed, when you deploy it, it turns into a lead hose, firing bullets everywhere, you may hit the target on the first shot, but you can't hit him twice in a row. The second round will always land 10 feet away from where you're aiming.

GPMGs and LMG still take 5-8 seconds of following the target with the crosshair before you can fire and hit it. If you just go prone, right click, aim and fire, your rounds will hit the ground in front of you, the street lamps and low orbit space stations. Rounds go where the barrel is pointing, not in a 90? angle.

InB4: Engine limitations.
FH2 did it perfectly, no deviation whatsoever and aiming sway.

InB4: "But...But aiming sway is only visual, it has no impact on the crosshair"
So you'd rather have magical rounds flying in a 90? angle from the muzzle?

Deviation in the "normal" kits is acceptable, but sometimes they will still miss at <80m ranges.

What's the problem with removing deviation completely? Or maybe making it a 1-2s settle time max? It's really annoying aiming at someone center mass and having the round hit 5 feet away because you haven't been folowing him around with the crosshair for 8 seconds. I really had hope that deviation would be removed in 1.0, it's just a useless feature adding artificial difficulty when aiming.
Old 2013-07-07, 21:09   #2
rodrigoma
Default Re: LMG, GPMG and Marskmen deviation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique_Dalben View Post
It's still ridiculous, i tested the Mk.12 deployed, from the prone position, firing at targets 200m away. Out of 10 rounds it only landed 2 where i was aiming, 1 second interval between shots. It misses by a little margin, maybe 3-5 feet away from where you're aiming, but it's still retarded not being able to hit a man sized target exatcly where you're aiming with a DMR from 200 meters.

Also, it's more precise undeployed, when you deploy it, it turns into a lead hose, firing bullets everywhere, you may hit the target on the first shot, but you can't hit him twice in a row. The second round will always land 10 feet away from where you're aiming.

GPMGs and LMG still take 5-8 seconds of following the target with the crosshair before you can fire and hit it. If you just go prone, right click, aim and fire, your rounds will hit the ground in front of you, the street lamps and low orbit space stations. Rounds go where the barrel is pointing, not in a 90? angle.

InB4: Engine limitations.
FH2 did it perfectly, no deviation whatsoever and aiming sway.

InB4: "But...But aiming sway is only visual, it has no impact on the crosshair"
So you'd rather have magical rounds flying in a 90? angle from the muzzle?

Deviation in the "normal" kits is acceptable, but sometimes they will still miss at <80m ranges.

What's the problem with removing deviation completely? Or maybe making it a 1-2s settle time max? It's really annoying aiming at someone center mass and having the round hit 5 feet away because you haven't been folowing him around with the crosshair for 8 seconds. I really had hope that deviation would be removed in 1.0, it's just a useless feature adding artificial difficulty when aiming.
Edit: there is already a thread for this.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f25...-feedback.html
Last edited by rodrigoma; 2013-07-07 at 21:14..
Old 2013-07-07, 21:13   #3
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

Edit: Ok, i'll post there, you can lock the thread. Thanks.
Last edited by Henrique_Dalben; 2013-07-07 at 21:30..
Old 2013-07-07, 21:30   #4
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique_Dalben View Post
Strawmanning, aren't we? Saying they did one feature right isn't saying "PR SHOULD BE FH2!!!!!!!"
the irony of this statement is unreal, rodrigoma didnt say that you said "pr should be FH2" based on what you quoted.

Anyways, I have a question. What's the problem with having deviation? All removing deviation would be is add artificial simplicity to the game, and would be a useless feature.
Old 2013-07-07, 23:43   #5
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
What's the problem with having deviation? All removing deviation would be is add artificial simplicity to the game, and would be a useless feature.
What's the problem with having a feature that removes your ability to actually hit what you're aiming at? Are you seriously this brainwashed by PR? "Artificial simplicity"? Life is simple, bullets go where the barrel is pointing, standing there aiming at something for x amount of seconds will only get you tired and less accurate, not the opposite.

In our army basic training you're supposed to hit a 1x1m target at 400 yards, using irons, 7 times out of 10 after a quick sprint. Try that in PR, i dare you.

The low poly models, along with poor long range visibility (Both engine related, not PR's fault) are more than enough shit to deal with, there's no need for something that throws your shots off half the time.

I'll agree with deviation when you get shot, because if you get shot you won't be able to normally aim.
Last edited by Henrique_Dalben; 2013-07-07 at 23:51..
Old 2013-07-09, 00:13   #6
Darkcloak2
Retired Forum Moderator

Locking as per OPs request.

Just a verbal warning: Say what you want to say but don't offend others while you do it. Most of your post is fine but claiming someone is brainwashed is going to offend people.
Closed Thread

Tags
deviation, gpmg, lmg, marskmen