project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2013-08-02, 23:27   #1
Dr_Death
Default Tale from the front: IPD (Israel Police Department)

Gaza beach.
2 of august of 2013
Server: ???

So there was i, a rifleman in the 8 man squad for the IDF, searchin over the center of the gaza beach to find a cache very well hidden, squad pinned down in a T-building, some of them watning to extract. My tale began when i die.

I ask for the SL if he wanted me to spawn at the IDF base, because i thought i could bring back an APC or a HMVEE as support, due to my horrible armor driving/gunnering skills, i took the M2 desert car.

As i approach to the site going to the main road outside of the town, i see something weird, there was..... an enemy. In the middle of the road, car parked. alone. So, i did the only thing someone else would do being alone and forggeting about the giant .50 cal M2 you have on the top. CHASE THE MOTHER F*CKER DOWN!.

That, was my first mistake.

even as he was trying to crash me off, i kept crashing his back wheels, sadly, BF2 engine won't support realistic driving simulation, so we kept going, up until we were on that intersection were the 2 main paths at the north east of the map come together, he crash me, i lost him for 10 seconds, and i see him running down the south.

i saw HAMAS infantry going down to the far end and i knew i was deep into the enemy lines, but i just kept going

That, maboi, was my second mistake

I saw him going offroad to the right for a bunch of meters, i DID though he was just trying to fool me going another way, so i kept going on the asphalt.

THIRD AND BIG MISTAKE.

The fucker drove me to a mine..... it was all just a setup, if i could just remember i was in an armed car and use the MG to kill the son of a bitch i wouldn't have died.

OI, wait, that's not it.

Respawned in the base, wait 5-10 mins until another armed car appear, pick it up again, and being careful, i follow the same track to get to my Squad leader.

there was a hidden mine.............. son of a.........

Back to the base, i picked up YET ANOTHER car, and drove close to the first broken wall so i could get in and leave the mine field.

What do i see when i get there? another mine hidden between rocks, i have got to praise my perfect eye sight.

so, i get closer slowly to check if it IS a mine.

Now, kids, i know mines also explode when infantry is close.......... or it was an IED, but they still explode with just infantry.

Not everything was bad news, tho, the third car survived and i could fix it, after that i picked up the engineer kit, no more mines, but i had to be careful, after that, me and my squad ended up in an APC-HMVEE convoy searching for caches, pretty epic too, but that..... that's a story for another day.

And the HAMAS and IDF lived happily together for ever. The end.
Old 2013-08-05, 15:51   #2
LittleMerrill

Default Re: Tale from the front: IPD (Israel Police Department)

My heart aches for the amount of tickets you killed.
LittleMerrill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 17:23   #3
Dr_Death
Default Re: Tale from the front: IPD (Israel Police Department)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMerrill View Post
My heart aches for the amount of tickets you killed.
the server went from 60 players to 20, so i naturally leaved before ending

Tags
department, front, ipd, israel, police, tale