project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-06, 23:07   #31
Henrique_Dalben
Banned
Default Re: Respawn times

With the new FOB mechanics and the issue with FOB camping, 60 seconds is annoying as shit. I had to wait 6 minutes because they were camping all of our FOBs, played for maybe 10 seconds between lives. 30 seconds was fine, maybe an increase to 40. 60 would only be an option if there were no penalties adding extra time, waiting 80 seconds to spawn after some deaths is reason enough to play something else. And for the "HURR DURR, TIME IS FINE" people, if you want realism, ask for single-life rounds with auto-kick when you die, with the influx of new players acting as reinforcements.
Last edited by Henrique_Dalben; 2013-08-06 at 23:13..
Old 2013-08-06, 23:13   #32
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

It's ok to wait even more then 60 seconds to spawn, what realy annoying it's lack of timer on give up screen. Why this new system oriented on a dumbass players, who give up immediately when wounded? I mean, I know where is my squad-medic or other medics is, I know when it's any chance to revive me, I know when I need to give up. And I need to know how many seconds I need to respawn, this is critical sometimes.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rusty_42; 2013-08-06 at 23:32..
Old 2013-08-07, 03:42   #33
OriginalWarrior

I have a love hate relationship with the new give up timer. It helps when you have some smirf in your squad who automatically gives up when wounded without the chance of us getting to him. Thats a good thing, but it also seems to annoy me when i am the last survivor in my squad and i get downed with no chance of a revive, but i got to wait what seems like a longer time to spawn. Which gets a bit annoying. I do however see why this is the way it is. Basically they extended the respawn timer and they made sure you're able to be revived the whole time you're waiting. Love / hate like i said. Just try not to get shot.

EDIT: where the fack is the SMAW? i havent played much but ive tried standard HAT and ALT HAT on sameera..
OriginalWarrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 13:56   #34
Germanius_GER

I think it is a good thing, but have to be removed for the insurgents.
Germanius_GER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 14:38   #35
kingarthur

yea that seems to be some sort of problem... had an impatient APC-driver today who only took like 4 of our squad with him cause the others werent spawned in yet...
kingarthur is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
respawn, times