project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-30, 02:45   #11
Killer2354

Default Re: the Medics New Responsibilities

Actually, I could see the wounded icon on the compass partially annoying. If you have multiple friendlies down in one area, there could be so many markers down there that it would prove to be distracting. I actually haven't heard anyone continuously calling for a medic unless I asked them to continue to sound out so I could find my way to their body if there was a lot of brush/ bodies.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 14:14   #12
Wing Walker
Default Re: the Medics New Responsibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
The main problem was/is/will be the playerbase, hence I don't see the need to change anything regarding the medic system, and I'd rather try to educate players (altough the chance of succeeding here seems to be slim).
This is why I was thinking that some obvious message, or signal, or something flashing on a medics screen would give a blatant positive indication that basically tells the player "HEY! There are wounded! Get to work!!" Generally, I don't see smurphs guiding you on Mum to other Smurphs that are down, and you might not be checking your map when they need you.

Maybe, and only for interest of finding anyone wounded, have while the Eppies are selected also shows the same on screen map as while driving a vehicle, though have it only show the wounded. The Wounded Map.

It just needs to be more obvious.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
medics, responsibilities, resposiblities