project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Objects
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-09-13, 18:41   #1
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default [Request] Wrecked bus static - 3D task

Hi community,

I'm looking for help with my Syrian community faction. I'm trying to give our mapping team a decent amount of new statics to play with, to give our maps the look of a real environment struck by civil war. Something not available in PR right now. This means ruins, destroyed buildings, rubble on the streets.. And destroyed vehicles to fill up the road.

Therefore i'm looking for a 3D artists that is willing to make me a wrecked bus vehicle to be used as a static object in our maps (and other PR maps that want to use it).

I tried making myself one out of some free models on the web but they were all horrible to convert to being optimized in BF2/PR. The idea is to get something like this:

A basic bus model, with no windows and a extreme basic interior(some seats, nothing more). It must be not enter-able so block the doors with something. I think something around 3000 to 5000 polygons should suffice for LOD0. It obviously needs to be optimized as much as possible but we can help with that. Give it some bumps and missing panels and flat wheels and it should give the immersion that we need.

I do require the person to do this to also do the UV map for it as we have nobody to do that. Textures is something that we can do so don't worry about that. neither worry about exporting it, I'll take care of that.

Anybody willing to do this post here or contact me. Also feel free to ask more info or advice. Don't be afraid to learn 3d model if you haven't done it before. it's very fun and it's a proper good experience for later.

Thanks!

Some more references:

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 20:23   #2
Heavy Death
Default Re: [Request] Wrecked bus static - 3D task

The COD4 one is pretty neat aswell, someone can use that for reference.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 21:08   #3
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Also the SAA are using alot of these green buses to transport troops. It would be pretty cool to have some wrecked buses of this kind.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 23:14   #4
BroCop

Man, this would be really useful even for Outpost given the metric crapton of bus stations spread across the city without the presence of a single bus anywhere
BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 23:39   #5
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Man, this would be really useful even for Outpost given the metric crapton of bus stations spread across the city without the presence of a single bus anywhere
Indeed, a lot of maps could use this, however, at 5,000 polys, you are looking at a damn building, so it would take a real big picture look on where to place them.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 12:09   #6
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

IMO, if your modelling a bus it would probably be worth modelling both a normal and wrecked version of the same bus, as to make a working one you need to make a wreck model anyways and it isn't too hard to make a wreck from a normal model

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 12:21   #7
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We don't have use of a bus model so for now I want to focus on the static wreck version.

As making a enter-able vehicle version requires much more detail which is not what we want for this static. Just a simple wrecked bus is what I'm looking for

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 12:24   #8
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Mineral View Post
We don't have use of a bus model so for now I want to focus on the static wreck version.

As making a enter-able vehicle version requires much more detail which is not what we want for this static. Just a simple wrecked bus is what I'm looking for
A wreck model technically should be more enterable than a standard vehicle, since something as large as a bus wreck you ideally want players to be able to walk inside and use it as a firing position. If you close it up your wasting a lot of potential.

As for use for a working one, ye there isn't much use for one I agree but would still be worth having

Old 2013-09-14, 12:28   #9
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

In a city where the war is just starting (Mutrah, Beirut in Operation Marlin), you could have normal buses parked around the city.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 12:30   #10
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
In a city where the war is just starting (Mutrah, Beirut in Operation Marlin), you could have normal buses parked around the city.
Indeed

Probably wouldn't even need to be deliverable either (although a deliverable one would be cool in some cases) but just for general extra detail

Tags
bus, poxo is ghey, request, static, task, wrecked