project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-12-20, 22:12   #11
saamohod
Default Re: sks recoil too extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
No it's not. It's recoil is too high for the amount of damage it does. I much prefer the AK74 due to the greater range, lower recoil, and higher damage. The AK47, SKS, & RPK have the same problem. The problem persists with almost all militia, taliban, & Insurgent weapons.

Btw I don't see anymore AK weilding insurgents nowadays. Most people prefer the G3, 870 or Lee-Enfield, Because the AKs just plain suck now.
Dude, I'm not really sure if you know what you are talking about. As usual
1. PPSh41 does more damage than other SMGs like MP5 or MP7. (Source: Project Reality Wikia). It has awesome magazine capacity and its recoil is on par with other SMGs. (I just tested it). Even if it might be slightly higher, then this fact properly reflects things IRL. Don't forget that PPSh is an "ancient" SMG, with no proper front grip, no pistol grip by the trigger, and relatively low stock. All these factors may easily contribute to its higher recoil when compared to modern SMGs.
2. AK47 and SKS are 7.62 caliber guns without muzzle brake, so you should expect higher recoil. You say "Most people prefer the G3", but G3 has similar recoil. It is also unwieldy in full-auto mode.
3. RPK? Seriously? It has way better recoil than any other assault rifle in undeployed mode, and "no" recoil in deployed mode, just as any other light machine gun. If you don't believe me - grab an RPK, aim in undeployed mode and fire a burst, then grab an AK 47 (which is actually the same as RPK 47, only shorter barrel) aim and fire. RPK is waaay better.

What are you talking about?
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 13:59   #12
viirusiiseli
Banned

I did love the SKS and it presented a working alternative for the age old AK47 in the 0.97 patch, but now it seems there aren't really many people who want to select that weapon anymore.

The fast settling medium recoil and easy target re-aquisition in the previous patch with it's rather high power round made it a good weapon, not over powered, but usable. The tough recoil and small sights have rendered it quite useless in the new version.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 14:32   #13
Max_Damage

Perhaps, but even ak recoil is way off. I shot ak74 in school and well i didnt go full auto, only 2 shots but it didnt have any sort of recoil rly. Now look at the side to side recoil. I think all AKs should be closer to how the ak74s works in the game: strangely, the short variant seems to be the best gun for recoil.
Max_Damage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 16:09   #14
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

the sks recoil is still too extreme in 1.1.1.0? don't think so.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 16:37   #15
saamohod

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]K4on View Post
the sks recoil is still too extreme in 1.1.1.0? don't think so.
No, it isn't. The thread is outdated now.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme, recoil, sks