project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2014-01-20, 09:51   #1
Zyco187

Cool chopper sound bug

every time (i think) i start pr i get the chopper sound bug. i have updated all my drivers and nothing has helped. I am actually using a year old sound card driver but i did DL the latest one and it didnt fix it either.

Manufacturer: Me
Processor: AMD 8350
RAM Corsair 8GB DDR3
Motherboard Asus M5A97 2.0 EVO
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB DDR5
Monitor 24in LED Toshiba + 20in LED HP
Onboard Sound Card 5.2 Surround Sound
Zyco187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 03:37   #2
Zyco187

Default Re: chopper sound bug

still getting bug . shuld i submit somwhere else ?

and i am currently using the latest driver
Old 2014-02-04, 04:11   #3
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Could you take and post a video of the bug please? I've never heard of the bug being present every time someone plays... I get it maybe once a week.

I thought it was BF2-engine based, not soundcard dependent
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 01:18   #4
Zyco187

yeah i can post a video....i think it maybe that the chopper sound distance may be to far bc i can never get the chopper sound out my speakers...i can be on kokan and i can hear US blackhawk all the way at the INS main. its not a constent chopper sound tho. i can hear them take off, fly away, and land somewhere else

i will try to get the vid on yt tnt....
Old 2014-02-09, 08:15   #5
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyco187 View Post
yeah i can post a video....i think it maybe that the chopper sound distance may be to far bc i can never get the chopper sound out my speakers...i can be on kokan and i can hear US blackhawk all the way at the INS main. its not a constent chopper sound tho. i can hear them take off, fly away, and land somewhere else

i will try to get the vid on yt tnt....
Oh that means you have some kind of Xfi card, right? Playing with Ultra audio settings or whatever?
Old 2014-02-09, 19:45   #6
Zyco187

No i was playing with onboard soundcard on high with EAX turned off and hardware provider on, since pr dosnt support 5.1. i have a 5.1(5.2) speakers that i like to use, so i turned on hardware and nvr changed it back. i am gng to try software provider next.

on this video you can hear the constant chopper idle sound bug but i havnt heard the chopper taking off/landing sounds since i was on the saaremaa/kokan map like i described above

Old 2014-02-11, 13:09   #7
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyco187 View Post
No i was playing with onboard soundcard on high with EAX turned off and hardware provider on, since pr dosnt support 5.1. i have a 5.1(5.2) speakers that i like to use, so i turned on hardware and nvr changed it back. i am gng to try software provider next.

on this video you can hear the constant chopper idle sound bug but i havnt heard the chopper taking off/landing sounds since i was on the saaremaa/kokan map like i described above

[YOUTUBEx]k2G-9s0DkvM[/YOUTUBEx]
That video above seems like the regular chopper-sound bug that we all experience from time to time. Do you experience that type every round?
Old 2014-02-12, 15:03   #8
Zyco187

yes I do exp that every round. even if i restart, it dosnt fix anything. and sometimes the chopper maneuvering (takeoff/landing) sound comes in. but that one is always constant

Tags
bug, chopper, sound