project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2014-04-12, 04:47   #11
matty1053
Default Re: PR Server 1.1 suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
It sounds like some people want to go back to playing 2km maps with 64 players. I can see the appeal, but I prefer the 4 km maps with 100 players PR experience.

The only true way to resolve the player population issue is to recruit more players! I got a guy that randomly joined my clan's PR channel in TS to buy BF2 off of Steam for $9.99. I'm happy to say he'll be on the battlefield this weekend.
lol wut?

I remember a few times post 1.0 that there are less then 64p on a 4km map...

The map switched to WAnda Shan and like a lot left... but there was about 64p after the map started.

It was by far the cleanest map ever, and cleanest gameplay with NO lag at all.

But, I do see what you are saying.
IMO...
To really show the recruits the real PR experience they should play on 100p servers on a map that is well known. (Muttrah As example.)
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 12:37   #12
Death!
Supporting Member

I noticed recently that you got to be fast to get on an infantry squad at the very beginning of the game, otherwise you will be left with the garbage players and garbage leaders most of time. People without mics, who don't speak english and are not willing to teamwork.

Kit system:
We really need a system that can give power to the SL to either allow or not the requesting of especial kits, I think that this will greatly prevent lone wolves and kit-whoring. All special kits (HAT, MANPAD, Engineer) and 6 man kits as well (grenadier, marksman, LAT) must be allowed by the SL by some python code.

Non english speaking squads:
Guys, seriously, stop making squads for non english speakers! This is really a pain in the ass. It's such a waste of slot to have a "latinos", "spanish", "GER", "RUS", "BR", [KOR] or whatever language squad, It will rarely get all filled, anyway! You are just segregating players since most of them speak english. I am brazilian, but I will never make a portuguese only squad in international servers (EU, USA), I think it is even disrespectful. BTW, it's so funny to have a lot of weird accents on your squad (including mine).

I have been facing the problems above in the last two days and it is been annoying.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 18:09   #13
Ghostwolf

@ Desmo

"It sounds like some people want to go back to playing 2km maps with 64 players. I can see the appeal, but I prefer the 4 km maps with 100 players PR experience.

The only true way to resolve the player population issue is to recruit more players! I got a guy that randomly joined my clan's PR channel in TS to buy BF2 off of Steam for $9.99. I'm happy to say he'll be on the battlefield this weekend."

Yes of course some people want to play the whole map offer of project reality
They are not enjoyable with 100 players.

You misunderstand me! With my idea, 100 players on 4km maps will be still realisable!
But only if the additional 20 players are registered players of this community/server hoster.
This will ensure a team capable of teamplay and tactics

The main idea:
Lots of reserved slots (20), which improves communities bondages and guarantees a big team capable of teamplay
Ghostwolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 21:31   #14
matty1053

@Death! I agree

It would be cool...

You can only pick from certain kits the SQL selects.

But I agree, you really have to rush to get inf squads.

I created one late after everyone made squads. Then I only had like no mic players, people that don't speak english or such.

Really sucked. So I just became commander.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 21:49   #15
StandardSmurf

Make it optional to the server how many players they want to max out at. I suppose that could be done with reserve slots, but if the amount could be easily adjusted it would be useful for some servers. At the same time, since there aren't a ton of servers to begin with it's nice to be able to join a 100 player server with only 80 people in it instead of finding nothing but a locked up 64 or less player server and no alternatives besides servers in Brazil or Russia with huge pings.
StandardSmurf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 21:57   #16
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

That is already an option for server license holders. AFAIK Merk runs there server on 80 people maxed out.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 19:38   #17
Death!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardSmurf View Post
no alternatives besides servers in Brazil or Russia with huge pings.
Funny fact: most "brazilian" servers are located in US because to get a host in Brazil is far expensive. Anyway, I don't play on those servers due to HUE reasons.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
server, suggestion