project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2010-05-04, 12:07   #11
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Modelling Tutorial] Smoothing and Un-Smoothing Cylinders

Hey Rhino,

What happens if something like this happens?

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Chuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 16:25   #12
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Modelling Tutorial] Smoothing and Un-Smoothing Cylinders

Well first before you repair your UV you need to weld up thous unoptimized verts I can see round the chamfer area, also from the looks of things your chamfer value was too small when you did it, since you want each edge to be the same distance apart where your chamfer edges are too close, as per this part of the tut:

Quote:
Now my Cylinder looks pretty messed up right now because the chamfer value I have on is far too large. Now its a matter of trial and error until you get the value your looking for, so with a Chamfer value of 0.1 it looks like this.

Now what we are looking for is evenly spaced edges all the way round and we can see a Chamfer value of 0.1 is a little to small, so if I increase it to a value of 0.2 it looks like this.

Which is pretty near the mark of what we are looking for so that will do for me so I'm going to hit ok and stick with it

ie, the distance between the red arrow wants to be excatly the same length (or pretty close to it) as the yellow arrow:

If its not, your cylinder will not look round and will look worse than before

Once you've done that then I can go into repairing that UV but you want to get the model right before you do any UVing.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 09:05   #13
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Smoothing and Un-Smoothing Cylinders

The pictures of the Smoothing part have disappeared. Any chance we can bring them back ?
Last edited by KaB; 2014-06-20 at 10:49..
Old 2014-06-20, 11:36   #14
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Smoothing and Un-Smoothing Cylinders

Nope, ImageShack takes pics offline after a time (which is one of the reasons why I stopped using them all together) and I never had them backed up. Should be able to make it out from the text however.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cylinders, modelling, smoothing, tutorial, unsmoothing