project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2014-07-19, 21:54   #1
ElectroNuke

Default Italian army

Will be here an italian faction in the next updates?
ElectroNuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 22:39   #2
Rabbit
Default Re: Italian army

No, there will be no Italian Faction.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 00:25   #3
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

But there should be an Italian faction. I mean its a country that had great history, Roman Empire.

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 00:37   #4
Rabbit

And there is no one to make it. Looks how long it has taken to make the current factions, and that was back when support of them was huge. Anyone is free to make a faction, but its not any sort of priority for DEVs.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 02:31   #5
KillJoy[Fr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post
But there should be an Italian faction. I mean its a country that had great history, Roman Empire.
21st Century.
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 05:24   #6
Death!
Supporting Member

I think the COMFACS in PR should work together for the greater good. I mean, we got a shitload of unfinished projects around, why not concentrate the manpower at only one at time? Just put the factions in a queue.

There are some really nice factions around with great possibilities such as the Polish, the Finnish and even the [abandoned] Norwegians, yet people put their main efforts on Dutch forces which got very few possibilities of action on the recent world conflicts and should be low priority.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 08:35   #7
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death! View Post
I think the COMFACS in PR should work together for the greater good. I mean, we got a shitload of unfinished projects around, why not concentrate the manpower at only one at time? Just put the factions in a queue.

There are some really nice factions around with great possibilities such as the Polish, the Finnish and even the [abandoned] Norwegians, yet people put their main efforts on Dutch forces which got very few possibilities of action on the recent world conflicts and should be low priority.
The Norwegians aren't abandoned. Often a persons dedication is only enough to work on one faction (very often that person's own country of origin). There are many people working on multiple factions though, and the PR-team is helping out where it can. But we are trying to work together as much as possible. But you can't force a person to work on something he doesn't care much for.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 08:44   #8
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

For me the factions country doesn't really matter, it's a lovely change - different weapons, vehicles and kits but to be honest all the conventional factions are pretty similar.
But the work in creating them to PRs realism standards is frightening.

The only advantages are variety and perhaps more players from the factions country who want to play possibly the only game with their 'own' forces in it.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 11:04   #9
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post
I think we should add the roman empire, a bit of asymmetrical warfare with the manipular formation against the ak47.

As Rabbit said;

No,

Or in Itallian;

No

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 13:34   #10
Death!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
But we are trying to work together as muchBut you can't force a person to work on something he doesn't care much for.
Yeah, I feel you, man.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
army, italian, poxo is ghey