project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2014-10-24, 16:31   #1
boberczus
Default Losing Sound After Map Loads. ( PRMumble Exclusivity setting )

Hello,
Got an unusual problem here. Recenetly I've switched to Windows 7 64-bit. Everything runs smooth except for the problem mentioned in the title. It happens on every server I tried. I've already tried different compability modes and different sound setting in PR Lanucher. Nothing worked. Please help me

Cheers
Boberczus
Last edited by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd; 2014-10-30 at 19:02..
Old 2014-10-24, 22:13   #2
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Default Re: No sound after changing team.

I think you are the first person to ever report this problem.

I'm not even sure how this is possible, your game loads all the sounds for the map in the loading screen, so all of both teams sounds should already be available.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 11:40   #3
boberczus

Did some more testing. After I've ran the game as administrator, sound problem only happens on NEW server . It's so freaking weird.
boberczus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 12:19   #4
boberczus

It was all because of mumble. I figured it after I turned on music alongisde with the game. All the sounds were gone, even windows ones, except for mumble. I thought that sound is disappearing when I switch teams, because everytime I joined the game I was getting placed in other team than 3dAC guys, so I was immediately changing teams, and it took about the same amount of time as mumble to run . And after I was sure that's swtiching teams casuses it, even though it made no sense to me, I kept changing teams when trying out The reason why it worked before, is that I joined a server without mumble. And the reason for sound to disappears is that, no idea why, I had "exclusiveness" (or smth like that I don't know how is it translated) checked in output settings.

Cheers
Boberczus

PS. If mod could change the title to "Losing sound after map loads" I'd be grateful.
boberczus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
changing, exclusivity, loads, losing, map, prmumble, setting, sound, team