project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2014-11-27, 18:17   #1
sharpie
Supporting Member

Default New Gaming Mouse

It's that time of the year again, and I'm in the market for a new gaming mouse. I've owned a corsair M60 for the past two years, it was ok but is now falling apart.

As cyber Monday is nearly upon the civilized world, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for their preferred mouse.

Thank you in advance

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
RinWarZip: Your butthurt is like cold september morning by the seashore for me. Refreshing. Pepper mint.
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 18:48   #2
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: New Gaming Mouse

Depends what are you looking for exactly, wired, wireless, dpi, how many buttons, price range etc?

Personally I use the G700s and been using it for about a year, possibly more and really like it as its got a good amount of buttons, nice and comfy, its wireless but use it in wired mode 98% of the time and its profiling software is pretty damn good, best I've seen for a peripheral yet which is also one of the big reasons why I've now got the G510s keyboard too.

Although buttons and profiling software is more important to me than most as I actually don't really use it much for games, more 3DsMax, BF2Editor, Photoshop etc etc with the buttons programmed to do what I need for example:

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 18:50   #3
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Claw vs Palm grip for FPS

personally, the logitech G500s model is my leading contender for replacement of my MX518. I do not do MMO type games where large number of extra buttons is needed.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 18:53   #4
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Oh, very important:
Gaming Mouse Sensor List

Angle snapping, the scourge of competitive gamers:
The mice and sensor hardware listed on this page is in no way a measurement of performance or tracking properties. Performance between Mice with same Sensors may vary due to various reasons. Regardless, there are those individuals that will find this information useful.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 23:10   #5
sharpie
Supporting Member

Thanks guys;

Rhino I've actually been considering a wireless mouse; i'm using one @ uni at present (dopey little logitech work mouse) and am rather fond of it.

And lito that chart was interesting, personally i've never considered the hardware side of mice and the sensors et al. Appreciate it

edit: just saw Logitech came out with a pair of new gaming mice http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/pro...s-gaming-mouse ; is cheaper than g700...however since Cyber Monday, i'm sure that will all change

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-mice <--- comparison

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
RinWarZip: Your butthurt is like cold september morning by the seashore for me. Refreshing. Pepper mint.
Old 2014-11-28, 03:10   #6
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

After having 2 G9s die at one year each I decided I was Fed up with expensive mice, so on my online shop I bought a gigabyte M6980x and so far after over a year I am happy.
It has a three way DPI and side buttons, it doesn't feel as heavy as the G9 but I am very happy as it was cheap as chips.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826146033
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 05:05   #7
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Logitech G502 Proteus Core Optical Gaming Mouse Black 910-004074 - Best Buy

Get free $50 steam card.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 13:56   #8
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Get a Roccat Savu!!! UBER design, UBER quality, UBER performance (and quite uber price!!!) ! !

ROCCAT STUDIOS V3.0 - PRODUCTS ? Gaming Mice ? ROCCAT Savu
Last edited by Daniel; 2014-11-30 at 14:04..
Old 2014-12-02, 21:12   #9
Steeps
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post

Can't believe I missed that! I would have bought it the instant I saw it

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 04:37   #10
sharpie
Supporting Member

Thanks for the suggestions again guys

Missed that as well Steeps, hurts my heart.

Tags
gaming, mouse