project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2015-03-18, 17:58   #1
Arduras

Default EAX in Forest Environments.

Hello all, hope you're doing well~

I have a problem, it could just be my machine, it could be a bug. I'm posting it here in
case anyone else has a similar problem and to bring it to the attention of the devs.

I have a Realtek HD Audio (onboard) in an HP dv2040ca (or so, it's a couple years old I
can't remember the exact model #) Anyway, I play with sound on Hardware/High/EAX:ON
Normally it sounds GREAT, especially in desert or urban areas.
For some reason in forest environments sound doesn't sound so great - I can't hear the
"source" audio of anything that isn't literally right next to me. I just hear reverb through
my headset and it's surrounding me.

For Example:
Any other Environment: Oh, I heard a shot. The "pop" sounded like it was around 240 deg.
The shot hit the small wall in front of me on the other side, proving the direction to be at
least somewhat accurate. The reverb sounds nice, whatever, insert realism.
Forest environment: I can't hear any "pops" it's just the reverb/eax effects in all channels,
no directional audio insert chaotic cacophany of russians storming the rocks I'm hiding behind.

I use Realtek's Soundback3D and tested the positional in RightMark 3DSound. The Positional sounds great
but for some reason in game it doesn't work out too well. I have to turn left/right to determine audio source (only
in PR, not vBF2) and it makes no sense why one would work but not the other.
Last edited by Arduras; 2015-03-18 at 20:47.. Reason: Tests taken.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:44   #2
Arduras

Default Re: EAX in Forest Environments.

Disregard / Delete this please. I've since stopped using Realtek 3D Soundback. I followed a forum post
guide (OpenAL installation/BF2 guide) and now my audio is pretty much perfect aside from some weird
looping sounds. (Usually medic or chopper sound, even in game people seem to assume stuff is a sound
bug unless it's moving/changing position)
Arduras is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
eax, environments, forest