project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2015-03-26, 02:26   #1
Arduras

Exclamation Canadian Sights - Disappearing lines.

Description:
Everything but but large black line and triangle disappears when aiming the
Canadian rifles.

Steps to Reproduce:
Operation Archer, Kashan? Canadian Maps. Take any infantry kit and ADS.
Move about, move sight about - it's inconsistent like flickering in and out depending on
when where you aim at times.

Tested On:
Kashan Co-Op Std. Archer Co-Op Std.

Video Settings (if needed):
LOW + Dyn. Shadows Off. (Dyn. Lighting kept to low since it occasionally helps with
target aquisition)

Resolution: Tested at 1280x720 and 1366x768
My Craptacular Laptop of Disappointment -3
http://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/...model/5275362/
Last edited by Arduras; 2015-03-26 at 02:36..
Old 2015-03-30, 02:52   #2
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Default Re: Canadian Sights - Disappearing lines.

It's a rather common phenomenom with multiple sights/reticles. I'm not much of an expert to say this but afaik it's the way reticles are drawn by the game and it depends on your resolution, and possibly AA settings.
It is less likely to happen or being noticeable at higher resolutions, but I still get it sometimes with thin crosshairs at 1680x1050.

Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 00:17   #3
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Do you mean like when you zoom, you get this?

I fixed this for any rifle that doesn't zoom by adding 0.1 to the fadeInTime, and 0.01 to the fadeOutTime to the zoomTransition_buis bundle located in the animationsystem1p. This makes it so that the zoom animation transitions smoothly. It's also applied to Iron Sights and scope version, though scope animations need to be further tweaked in the .tweak file.

For Devs:
Code:
 Example
animationSystem.createBundle zoomTransition_buis
animationBundle.isLooping 0
animationBundle.fadeInTime 0.01
animationBundle.fadeOutTime 0.1
Fire Animation codes can be tweaked by adding 0.1 as fadeOut so that it doesn't flicker when firing. Same with adding 0.1 to changefirerate.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Arab; 2015-04-01 at 00:26..
Old 2015-04-01, 07:10   #4
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Your issue reported is indeed a problem with the resolution or other graphic settings. We cant do much against it other than increasing width of the lines, but that would look weird. If the triangle is visible the scope should be usable. Sorry for the inconvenience or bad looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Do you mean like when you zoom, you get this?

I fixed this for any rifle that doesn't zoom by adding 0.1 to the fadeInTime, and 0.01 to the fadeOutTime to the zoomTransition_buis bundle located in the animationsystem1p. This makes it so that the zoom animation transitions smoothly. It's also applied to Iron Sights and scope version, though scope animations need to be further tweaked in the .tweak file.

For Devs:
Code:
 Example
animationSystem.createBundle zoomTransition_buis
animationBundle.isLooping 0
animationBundle.fadeInTime 0.01
animationBundle.fadeOutTime 0.1
Fire Animation codes can be tweaked by adding 0.1 as fadeOut so that it doesn't flicker when firing. Same with adding 0.1 to changefirerate.
It is about single lines disappearing while being scoped in not during the scope in animation. I am not 100% sure what your fix is for, maybe can you make a video showing the differences in your fixes thread? Adding that long of a fade-out to the firing animation might make it look not as abrupt as it should.
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 13:54   #5
Jagira

I get this as well. It happens to me with most scopes that have very thin lines, including most sniper scopes - where the horizontal line in the scope, will completely disappear! I assumed this had to do with my graphics settings, particularly anti-aliasing.
Jagira is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian, disappearing, lines, sights