project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-06-21, 01:17   #11
PlaynCool
Default Re: How the shooting really works??

Well sometimes you or enemies can get "deviation lucky" as i call it. In such case they aim at your direction, but their sights are off for whatever reason, either they are suppressed or they wanted to shoot you fast and didn't line their cross-hairs on you and just fire rapid shots towards you and they are lucky enough to hit you with the deviation. It has happened for me and it still happens but it's rare.
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 01:28   #12
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
lesson 2. dont prone dive the second you see somebody no matter the distance. there is a deviation penalty for that and you can tell when you go up against a noob in a firefight because they prone dive. i have been playing slightly longer than habitual and i rarely go prone and im a infantry whore in this game.
Prone-diving works for 900rpm guns up to around 50m.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 19:51   #13
Neecap

I wish the bullet impact at range would be a bit more visible so its easier to see where your shots are landing. But i guess its tricky if not impossible to configure the draw distance on gunshot impacts only.
Neecap is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 07:14   #14
Rafy77

One day, i was with a dragunov, and i saw an american soldier, like 10 meter from me ...

I aim, i shoot and ... I didn't hit him, he saw me, he shoot at me, i shoot at him (we were in he middle in a street, prone and he was 10 meters from me) and no one can hit the other, i flee in a house, and he get killed by an other insurgent.

I had luck, but it's VERY strange...
Rafy77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 13:04   #15
Madar_al_Fakar

Yesterday I picked up a SV98 from a fallen Chinese comrade. I go prone and see an enemy around 450m away, he is in a watchtower with a binoculars, standing still, I go into max zoom, carefully put the + directly on this head, I shoot, it does not hit him, I then pull the + one - above this head and shoot, again I miss, I put it 2 of those aiming lines/dots (whatever they are) above his head and shoot, I don't hit him again, I put it 3 dots above this head, shoot and AGAIN!! I DON'T HIT HIM!, I then put his head 1 scope-dot under his head thinking that he may be too close, fire and again nothing! AND HE WAS STANDING STILL. HE HAD NO FEAR THAT I MIGHT SHOOT HIM :P The bullet leaves the barrel, but then disappears somewhere along it's path. Finally he and the others spot me and fire 200 bullets at me, kill me.
Last edited by Madar_al_Fakar; 2015-06-23 at 19:52..
Old 2015-06-23, 16:25   #16
Neecap

Some fool maybe loaded it with blanks? :P
Neecap is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 03:48   #17
fatalsushi83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
Prone-diving works for 900rpm guns up to around 50m.
Sad but true.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, bullets, shooting, works