project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2015-08-14, 21:57   #1
The Bungler
Post Chopper landing bug and the A-10

Hey guys,

I wanted to report some things, tho it is probaply a well know problem, but it can really get on my nerves sometimes. Some choppers like the cobra, kiowa and the german/french CAS chopper seem to have this unstabbility problem when landing. They will just start swingning from left to right VIOLENTLY untill death inevitably happens to usually an innocent bystander or even the pilot/gunner. I know tapping "s" usually smakes it stop doing this but it still is very annoing. Also the cobra will always start tilting while on the ground. This makes it near impossible to type in the chat while on the ground.

Then about the A-10, when taking off and i think in general ON THE GROUND it pulls to the left. And last but not least tho this is more of a suggetion I guess. But in real life the warthog got 1200 round of munition for the GAU-8 and spins up to 70 rounds per second. This I would absolutely LOVe to see, implemented if possible ofcourse.
Please check my references below:

https://youtu.be/FeyFMqv1Qyc?t=1m27s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-8_Avenger

Have a nice day/evening!
The Bungler

btw PR is the best game I have EVER played, keep up the good work!
The Bungler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 09:11   #2
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Chopper landing bug and the A-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bungler View Post
Then about the A-10, when taking off and i think in general ON THE GROUND it pulls to the left. And last but not least tho this is more of a suggetion I guess. But in real life the warthog got 1200 round of munition for the GAU-8 and spins up to 70 rounds per second. This I would absolutely LOVe to see, implemented if possible ofcourse.
It's something that we can't do as with bf2 1.5 patch all mags are limited to 1023 rounds.
However, techincally it fires 2 rounds per shot, so real ammo count is 1000 which is pretty close
Not to mention that "real" firerate in game is 1800x2 = 3600. According to what i know, a-10 have variable firerate between 2000 and 4200 RPM. As it's not possible to have variable firerates in pr unless different weapons, easient solution were to take something in middle.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
a10, bug, chopper, landing