project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2015-12-03, 22:05   #1
reddog0000

Default Why do bots hardly ever spawn on SL?

Hi all,

I've played PR for many years but mainly play SP now as my time in too limited to rejoin a clan etc --- although I do miss clan matches ...

Anyway in SP my biggest frustration is when your squad bots decide to

#1 take a f##ing tea break and not spawn on SL or
#2 spawn on the 'other side' of the map [even though I was not dead and re-spawned] or
#3 the 'commander' decides to get your bots to move to a another flag despite your orders.

Does anyone understand why the damn bots will not consistently spawn on SL or follow orders ? As I cannot understand what the spawning rules are .... except to f##k up your 90 minutes game so much you rage quit !

woof

reddog0000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 12:41   #2
Wing Walker
Default Re: Why do bots hardly ever spawn on SL?

The bots in your squad will not fallow the Commander's orders unless you hit page up and accept the Commander's order and issue it to your squad members.

Not to mention, when playing single player, you should be the commander since you are the only real player, and you can direct the whole team and not just your own squad.

I haven't really experienced the bots not wanting to spawn on me either, but I think they would automatically spawn at the point closest to the objective.

The only thing I would want modified on SP would be that as commander the bots don't stick together, and barely respond to any order to move or attack.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-09, 10:16   #3
reddog0000

Default Re: Why do bots hardly ever spawn on SL?

Thanks for the reply.

>> The bots in your squad will not fallow the Commander's orders unless you hit page up
>> and accept the Commander's order and issue it to your squad members.

Yes I'm aware of that - and it is quiet annoying to get different orders in quick succession to the point of total distraction! The problem here is that my squad bots always seem to prefer the commanders orders to mine, despite me spamming the 'no' [pg dwn] key and 'attack / move here' commands.

I think the problem is that bots ignore the last command if they get 'contact' - which can be through buildings and at the extreme of their 'contact range' - and then they will pursue until they all get killed.

It would be nice if they would at least try not to engage everything they 'see' on the way to the mission point - we could do with a 'move here unless fired upon' command.

As for playing as commander - I have and do, but then you are no longer a SL and the bots never spawn on you.

In fact I have played some games over hours as commander and carefully noted that you can win by not issuing too many commands and of course defending a flag while attacking the next - not 'everyone' leave the current flag unattended, duh.

Also my squad bots don't seem to spawn on the nearest FOB / flag to me despite me shouting at them "spawn on me you f###ers, me, me, what do you mean you can't be ars###, what tea break?, what the f### - OMG you just spawned on the other side of the f###ing map!!" etc etc.

Oh well --- back to the institute and take my pills ...

woof
reddog0000 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bots, spawn