project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-09-03, 17:32   #21
Danger_6
Default Re: How to take command of a squad, when it wasn't using teamplay in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiHeat87 View Post
You want to be charismatic, not a dictator. I will tell you though that the easiest way to command is to be a dictator and look like you know what your doing.
You have to be both. Being charismatic on its own is not good enough. You have to show that you mean business.
Danger_6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 14:44   #22
goguapsy
Default Re: How to take command of a squad, when it wasn't using teamplay in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiHeat87 View Post
You want to be charismatic, not a dictator. I will tell you though that the easiest way to command is to be a dictator and look like you know what your doing.
WELL, you have to be a dictator because you ARE a Squad Leader... but you also have to be charismatic to receive and agree/disagree and explain your position to a Squad Member.

In the movie Black Hawk Down, the new Squad Leader wasn't expiring much confidence in the airfield. A real SL should say HOOAH?? and not "uhm... ho-hoah?" thats why you have to be a dictator AND charismatic. Its a game too, so you can't be closed to jokes! Let you SM talk about trivial things!

I was playing on Operation Archer and got a new guy in my squad. Then he starts saying:

"I don't know if you guys care, but NATO and UN didn't do their part in the Taliban locations and now they are sending the americans and waste their lifes and stuff..." Of course he spoke for about a minute non-stop, but I did my part so did my other squad members: join the conversation until I told them to stop because we arrived at the location and there were enemy contacts there...
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 02:14   #23
Cavazos

I want to bump this guide for any of the new squad leaders out there.

I've found that this has helped a lot of new players in getting organized.

Good luck squad leaders.
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
command, place, squad, teamplay