project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-08-13, 15:10   #1
catbref
Question upcoming v1.4

Could we have a fresh torrent + hash for v1.4 please?
The latest download seems to be v1.3.5 followed by a gary-load of updates.
catbref is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 15:18   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: upcoming v1.4

As with most of our big releases we will likely release a full download for v1.4 as well.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 15:44   #3
Rabbit

Good thing the auto downloader has been so useful.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 15:53   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Good thing the auto downloader has been so useful.
? We will obviously offer a v1.3.9 to v1.4 update. It's just for those people that don't have PR yet so they can get v1.4 without having to go through v1.3.5->v1.3.9.

I also don't remember another release from v1.3 that required a full new download? And that rather special circumstances

Anyway, I guess you just misunderstood my post.

Old 2016-08-13, 22:59   #5
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
? We will obviously offer a v1.3.9 to v1.4 update. It's just for those people that don't have PR yet so they can get v1.4 without having to go through v1.3.5->v1.3.9.

I also don't remember another release from v1.3 that required a full new download? And that rather special circumstances

Anyway, I guess you just misunderstood my post.
I think he may be making a point about the fact that you guys have not really used the launcher that much to fix even some major bugs on the way.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 23:14   #6
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
I think he may be making a point about the fact that you guys have not really used the launcher that much to fix even some major bugs on the way.
Problem there is not at all the launcher itself, no issues there. However we are a volunteering team, meaning we pretty much 'mod away' Atm we have one development repo, so meaning the first WIP thing that gets added to that means we can no longer publish updates to the updater as that would include WIP material. Hence in the first weeks after release we lock the repo from the team until we can provide the necessary hotfixes for the most important issues.

The plan for future releases will be for us to work on multiple branches, where we can continue to push updates to the game in the form of fixes, while working on new things on a different branch. Pretty much how it should have been since the start but it's hard to break a work cycle that has been happening for nearly a decade now But we're getting there.

Also I very much doubt that was what rabbit was talking about as that's a totally different topic from the OP But still a valid point.

Tags
download, torrent, upcoming, v1.4, v14