project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies In-game tactics guides from the community.

Old 2013-11-12, 22:53   #1
Cassius
Supporting Member

Default Project Reality strategy guide

!!! IMPORTANT !!! I wont post updates in the forum anymore. Mainly because I am lazy, but mostly because I cant be azzed . Click on the dropboxlink for the latest version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufdygnn4yu...40112_2206.doc

All the links for the pics have expired. See the Dropboxlink for the guide.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Last edited by Cassius; 2016-05-18 at 13:43.. Reason: Second Edit
Old 2013-11-13, 20:01   #2
crokojot
Default Re: Project Reality strategy guide

i didnt read it all...but i know what you think ....Very good guide
Last edited by crokojot; 2013-11-13 at 22:36..
Old 2013-11-17, 08:20   #3
Adalaxy

A good read and welcomed edition!
Adalaxy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 06:24   #4
matty1053
Default Project Reality strategy guide

Holy cannoli !! Man, you could write a book about tactics on pr.
I could make a PDF file to make it easier for people to read.

If you want to of course.

I live commander guide.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 00:33   #5
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Holy cannoli !! Man, you could write a book about tactics on pr.
I could make a PDF file to make it easier for people to read.

If you want to of course.

I live commander guide.
That was the idea to have a strategy guide out together with the manual (as pdf distribuited in the same fashion), so that the community gets some common ground in therms of communication and tactics. New players cant know how to behave and play the game beyond the game mechanics right out of the bat without some kind of instructions and learning while playing is kinda disruptive. Must suck to be in a jet and nobody knows about lasing. Seen as the community will use the guide it was also the idea for people to review it and voice criticism or suggest changes, but I can live with being declared infallible too . Yeah I will definitely have somebody else put it all in PDF and made shiny.

pope out .

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Last edited by Cassius; 2014-01-21 at 00:40..
Old 2014-01-21, 14:41   #6
Ranzpirat
Supporting Member

Thanks for the good read! Some things are or should be common sense, but thats a lot of nicely written tactical guidelines you got there!

Looking forward to the layouted pdf.

Ranzpirat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 08:44   #7
Cassius
Supporting Member

If somebody can help me turn this into a nice layouted PDF similiar to the manual holla me. It would be great to have something like this to be made avaible in the same way as the manual, so that new (and old) players integrate in the team more quickly and CAS isnt left hanging with noone providing targets and any such.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 22:32   #8
Cassius
Supporting Member

2000 hits, I am sure not all of them out of bongs. Any new players read this? Helping? Confusing? Did it give you cancer?

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 22:28   #9
Youneverknow
Thumbs up Re: Project Reality strategy guide

Read it and I will use it. T'was beautiful. I appreciated the specific arrangement for the columns.
Youneverknow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 07:50   #10
Michael_Denmark

Good guide, it is simple and helpful. In fact, its simplicity is its strength. Would not hurt had it been a bit longer. Because, already in the section "Basics", the guide tell the reader to:

Quote:
Learn how to read the map, place markers on the map using the squadleader radio GLTD (Ground Target Laser Designator) or equivalent.
In my opinion, the guide should incorporate these skills on a basic level, instead of telling the reader, perhaps a new player, to go and learn stuff somewhere else and then come back to the guide. I faced that challenge my self, when I attempted to write my own guide for CO players. Everything has to be explained, at least on a basic level.

In regard to the title, maybe it need to ensure who the guide is written for; as I read it, the guide is made for the common public player, thus changing the title, into something like below, where it is divided into a main title, supported by a description of the overall content:

Project Reality: Basic guide for the common player
Content: Communication, Tactics and Procedures

Anyhow, I like the useful tips, for instance the one when defending, in the section "Equipping your squad", then build mortars, or when the CO wants to know why a squad has not reached its objective, then still, the CO should remember to ask for a status first.

Maybe it would strengthen the guide, if all the tips was listed below the section, like in the following example:

Quote:
Equipping your squad

The tasks for the basic infantery squad are manifold and oftentimes a lil help is needed. Its best to start off by helping your squad to the necessarry kits. If you are likely to run into armor on the way, make sure you get the right equippment. But dont be asset grabbing !! If your task is to defend a flag, you can set up stationary AT and AA weapons, so leave the kits that do help to deal with armor and aircrafts on the go to the squads that move out on the attack. Better yet, if you are defending a flag and nobody is running mortars, build mortars. They look cool if nobody needs them and if a squad does need them its good to have them. Also always set up a TOW (Tube Launched Optically Tracked Wire Guided Missile) . The weapon is not only effective against armor, the models that come with infra red vision help you track enemy infantery as well.
  • equip your squad with the necessary kits for the task ahead
  • do not grab assets you do not need
  • when your task is to defend a flag, build mortars, anti tank and anti aircraft weapons

Cassius, I hope you don't mind me asking, but why they heck have you never played as commander in the tournament? I may be wrong on this one, but over the years, you put of several guides for the game, including the public playing commander. So clearly you have what it takes, to step up to the plate.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, project, reality, strategy