project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-11-15, 08:12   #1
Andrew240197
Exclamation Help, please?

Hello guys. Recently, I've begun a very specific undertaking with another game. My plan is to bring 3D Positional Voice Chat to Mount and Blade Warband, specifically the Persistent World mod, and I'm sure you'll understand why this would be a great idea. Mount and Blade Warband has support for 3D Voice Chat - in fact, it has been done before, back in 2010 ( https://youtu.be/VBZTydpLefE ). Now, I'm sure you are wondering, why does this matter to you guys? Well, this voice chat was achieved using the PR Community Mumble, back when it was a standalone for the BF2 mod. I was wondering if any of you guys still have those files and would be willing to share them with me... I've been going crazy scanning the internet, but since all of this was 6 years ago, most of the original download links have expired, and there is no active mirrors. I've tried doing this with newer versions of Mumble, with no success. Please help me, I'll be incredibly thankful!
Last edited by Andrew240197; 2016-11-15 at 08:14.. Reason: Clarifying main body
Old 2016-11-15, 08:18   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mumble is open source, why not start from there? I doubt new versions of mumble wouldnt support the development of 3d voip

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-15, 17:31   #3
Andrew240197
Default Re: Help, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
Mumble is open source, why not start from there? I doubt new versions of mumble wouldnt support the development of 3d voip
I'm horrible at coding and developing with it, though. There is a way to write a whole new plugin, but since it works with PR Community Edition already, and it's been proven, I was just wondering if anyone still had it. I've tried using new editions of mumble, and the 2010 editions of mumble with no success.
Andrew240197 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mumble