project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
13 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-03-07, 10:35   #21
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Russian Camouflage

I think it might have something to do with your monitor if you have a bad one.
I remember when i started playing PR i had a shit tier monitor and had difficulty differentiating soldiers.

Then i got a good IPS monitor with nice color quality and sharp image and now i barely have any problems with that anymore.

What screen do you have?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 11:05   #22
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I remember when people used to complain about the Russian camouflage being hopelessly out of date.

But the best way to tell if they're russian is if they're rushing B.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 19:18   #23
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
Unless you are using iron sights and anything past 300m just looks like a blob of pixels.
Test it for yourself.

It is actually about 100m-150m you can get a reliable shot, and 200m a figure is a few pixels.
Quote:
Am I the only one who finds the Russian woodland camouflage annoyingly similar to every other woodland camo?
DUH.

They are made to hide in the same environment with the same colors.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 19:34   #24
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
What screen do you have?
Viewsonic 1080p 1920x1080.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 14:03   #25
Acecombatzer0

On USMC vs RU maps the dead giveaway for telling friend from foe is face-paint of lack thereof.

Skin on RU soldiers is very easy to see from 300m
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 07:44   #26
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Viewsonic 1080p 1920x1080.
Seems like an ok monitor.
But maybe try out one with an IPS panel? Way better colors and contrast than regular TN panel.

Many people buy TN monitors for gaming because of the lower response time and higher refresh rates, thinking they are better suited, but imo they are just better for fast twitch games where it is easy to spot stuff and the focus is on quick reflexes.

For PR imo it is way better to have a monitor that helps with spotting stuff more easily, so one with an IPS panel.
Old 2017-03-14, 10:20   #27
inb4banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Seems like an ok monitor.
But maybe try out one with an IPS panel? Way better colors and contrast than regular TN panel.

Many people buy TN monitors for gaming because of the lower response time and higher refresh rates, thinking they are better suited, but imo they are just better for fast twitch games where it is easy to spot stuff and the focus is on quick reflexes.

For PR imo it is way better to have a monitor that helps with spotting stuff more easily, so one with an IPS panel.
That's such a bs statement, good TN panels have colours that are almost same as a good IPS monitor and good IPS monitors have response times that are almost as low as good TN panels.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 14:58   #28
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
That's such a bs statement, good TN panels have colours that are almost same as a good IPS monitor and good IPS monitors have response times that are almost as low as good TN panels.
Did i say anything to the contrary? What i said was a generalization because not everyone can afford the ultra best TN monitor there is. And even then an IPS monitor in the same priceclass will still have better colors, so what is your point?
Old 2017-03-15, 21:22   #29
Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Maybe because the gun works the same, you just can see so clearly. Or are you living with the idea that ironsighted weapons shoot bullets only effective to the next corner?
I found THAT guy.

You know, the one who shoots at the first glimpse of the enemy, giving the entire squad away.

I know it's entirely off topic but how about you stop engaging enemies at 300m with iron sights, you're doing it all wrong.
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
camouflage, russian