project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-01-18, 15:09   #61
inb4banned
Default Re: Shotguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tit4Tat View Post
This is the thing, without a crosshair that ban uses and whoever else, shotguns are still very good in cqb (as many pointed out they should be) but not as op in a run and gun situation. I can't stress enough how much of a help a crosshair is for a gun running shotty user. I don't think it shotgun values should be changed just of a video where the user uses crosshair.

My 2 pounds.
Wow, what an insight. Instead of making the game behave like it should and balancing the weapons to make it fair for everyone you expect and trust people to play a certain way and not abuse stuff just because. This never has and never will work, why do you think every game has anti cheat?

Instead of living in a fairy tale land I come here wanting to fix the issue and you're still here shitting with your ignorance even after a developer says it's not behaving like it should
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 12:01   #62
inb4banned
Default Shotguns are still broken

I don't understand how adding more recoil would solve the issue, it only punishes people who aim down sights even more. Just decrease the spread and increase deviation.

inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 18:27   #63
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Shotguns are still broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
I don't understand how adding more recoil would solve the issue, it only punishes people who aim down sights even more. Just decrease the spread and increase deviation.
Deviation on shotguns, and all weapons that use sub projectiles, is broken and we cannot do anything about it. Increased recoil was meant to at least prevent people from running around with unscoped SAIGA going on killing spree.
We have other changes planned that should solve any issues with shotguns being overpowered. I am sure you all remember breaching slugs, right?

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 18:53   #64
qs-racer
Supporting Member

Oh no, breaching slug white ammo s**ks

qs-racer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 21:43   #65
LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

wallbanging dem civies from 300m mmmmmmmmmmm

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 22:20   #66
viirusiiseli
Banned

inb4 unusable shotguns
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 23:54   #67
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
inb4 unusable shotguns
That's exactly the issue those whiny imaginary problem threads create. Just look what happened to the 50.cals on helicopters. Or that one time when they removed the magnification on TOWs because they were 'too op'.
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2017-03-22 at 00:01..
Old 2017-03-22, 13:05   #68
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
That's exactly the issue those whiny imaginary problem threads create. Just look what happened to the 50.cals on helicopters. Or that one time when they removed the magnification on TOWs because they were 'too op'.
Soon everything will be equally non-lethal, instead of the old versions where everything was effective, but kept in balance.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, shotguns