project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2017-07-07, 15:53   #511
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Infantry weapon damage changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher76 View Post
No proper kit?
No, as per the bit you quoted, I said "no proper kit geoms", which are all the bits of kit a player wears when using a kit. Yet the other RPGs are being used without the player having the proper RPGs in their sack either

Old 2017-07-07, 17:25   #512
DogACTUAL

If everything you said is true (bc there are always at least 2 sides to a story), someone needs to tell management to get their priorities straight.

Also could you please clarify what happened to the thermobaric warhead?
And how would the thermobaric warhead work ingame, meaning what would the mechanics be to differentiate it from the fragmentation warhead for example? Would it actually be more effective in enclosed environments like cavitations and rooms? Hard to believe that the refractor engine would allow to do something like that.
Old 2017-07-07, 18:10   #513
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
If everything you said is true (bc there are always at least 2 sides to a story), someone needs to tell management to get their priorities straight.

And how would the thermobaric warhead work ingame, meaning what would the mechanics be to differentiate it from the fragmentation warhead for example? Would it actually be more effective in enclosed environments like cavitations and rooms? Hard to believe that the refractor engine would allow to do something like that.
Went so far as to make a public poll on it. You can see which devs voted which way.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...esthetics.html
Old 2017-07-07, 18:38   #514
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Went so far as to make a public poll on it. You can see which devs voted which way.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...esthetics.html
Indeed but that didn't sway them either and after 2yrs+ I'm kinda tired of trying to get this through the proper channels.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
The plan was to try and make the explosion go through walls kinda, but we haven't managed to get that to work so far

Worst case scenario is it will just have an explosion that kills infantry instantly in a 7m or so radius but doesn't do much damage outside of that.

Old 2017-07-07, 20:26   #515
Bonecrusher76

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
No, as per the bit you quoted, I said "no proper kit geoms", which are all the bits of kit a player wears when using a kit. Yet the other RPGs are being used without the player having the proper RPGs in their sack either
Wait a minute, you are telling me that we don't have frag RPGs because of the visual aesthetics of the player's backpack!? If PR players cared about minute graphic details, we would play one of the other games with WAY better graphics (Like Squad).

I am of the opinion that I want features/weapons even if the models aren't perfect. Give me a frag RPG even if the in game model shows it as an HE, or an Eryx or whatever. I don't care if the in game model shows it as a banana.
Last edited by Bonecrusher76; 2017-07-07 at 20:36..
Old 2017-07-07, 21:10   #516
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher76 View Post
Wait a minute, you are telling me that we don't have frag RPGs because of the visual aesthetics of the player's backpack!? If PR players cared about minute graphic details, we would play one of the other games with WAY better graphics (Like Squad).

I am of the opinion that I want features/weapons even if the models aren't perfect. Give me a frag RPG even if the in game model shows it as an HE, or an Eryx or whatever. I don't care if the in game model shows it as a banana.
Well that is how a majority of the community and dev team voted, yet here we are.
Closed Thread

Tags
damage, infantry, weapon