project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
15 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2016-12-02, 05:22   #1
RUSSIAN147

Default Cannot play custom maps or use my custom factions

After the update to 1.4.2 I cannot play on any of my converted BF2 maps or use my custom IDF and Egyptian factions. I have tried to find a solution and nothing works. They worked perfectly on 1.3.9 but now they allow me to get to the spawn screen, select a kit and a squad and as soon as I click done it shuts down to desktop. It's infuriating, because I know it worked the other day and now it doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
RUSSIAN147 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 06:29   #2
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Cannot play custom maps or use my custom factions

Did you tried to run it in windowed mode?

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 06:50   #3
RUSSIAN147

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]rPoXoTauJIo View Post
Did you tried to run it in windowed mode?
Yeah, but i get no error message. It happens on maps that aren't the default ones that PR comes with. I've tried the PRSP Map Pack for 1.3.9 and it doesn't work either. The fact that i can play the 1.3.9 version (I kept the old PR so I could play if something like this happened) with custom maps and my 6 Day War versions of the IDF and Egyptians is really confusing.
Old 2016-12-02, 07:08   #4
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Run in debug mode (and windowed), then see if you get an error.

You'll get a whole bunch of errors/messages, just click "continue" and it'll keep loading. The last error is usually the one that breaks your game. If you didn't catch that one, don't worry, as it should be logged in the "logs" directory inside your mod. There will be an error log and debug log there, both will tell pretty much the same thing. You only have to check the last lines in those files, there's no need to read everything or scroll heavily .

You can run debug mode by clicking on the error next to "Play" (in the launcher), then select "debug". If you don't see that option, read this: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...-bf2-v1-x.html. That page will also explain what to do to be able to debug.

Good luck, hope this helps...

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 08:43   #5
RUSSIAN147

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Run in debug mode (and windowed), then see if you get an error.

You'll get a whole bunch of errors/messages, just click "continue" and it'll keep loading. The last error is usually the one that breaks your game. If you didn't catch that one, don't worry, as it should be logged in the "logs" directory inside your mod. There will be an error log and debug log there, both will tell pretty much the same thing. You only have to check the last lines in those files, there's no need to read everything or scroll heavily .

You can run debug mode by clicking on the error next to "Play" (in the launcher), then select "debug". If you don't see that option, read this: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...-bf2-v1-x.html. That page will also explain what to do to be able to debug.

Good luck, hope this helps...
Thanks AfterDune, your a legend So it turns out something in the AI files was off, so I replaced the defunct one with another and so far (touch wood) its working. I didn't realise PR had a debug mode for the new 1.X launcher, very slick. Thank you once again.
Old 2017-07-26, 23:02   #6
sargefreeman

hi russian. any chance of talking us through the process, fellow aussies here
sargefreeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-27, 05:38   #7
RUSSIAN147

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargefreeman View Post
hi russian. any chance of talking us through the process, fellow aussies here
What did you want to know mate? PM me and I can explain it, also this thread will tell you a whole lot as well: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...2-faction.html

Tags
custom, factions, maps, play