project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-08-09, 18:41   #21
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Is it real !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post
I don't care what map the admin(s) end up choosing as long as it's insurgency.
...and soon the PR COOP players will be able to say that very same thing!

Also, there's always gonna be that division between vehicle players and infantry players when it comes to map votes, too, adding another layer to that onion. But truly, if infantry doesn't get some kind of transportation, the front line will move too fast for them to keep up and have any significant impact (or fun) on those maps...

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 19:29   #22
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

There's also some fun 4k maps out there that get ignored because the standard has become either Khamisiyah or Kashan for 4k.

4k should not necessarily mean assets. Maps like Burning Sands where the infantry gets a share of the action with city combat. Wanda Shan with it's great forest combat or Xiangshan with it's good night/late evening aesthetic.
Yamalia too is a good map.

These maps get ignored in favour or people wanting to fly jets to look cool, it's the reason you see sometimes the admins ignoring the players suggestions of Khamisiyah or Kashan and if you look up on !history it's mostly because they were played 2/3 maps ago.
Just because a player just joined and wants to play that specific map doesn't entitle you to ruin it with repetition for the players that were there for 3-4 rounds.

It's why there's a process behind votes and an admin team that is on Teamspeak.

Now touching on gamemodes, we do gamemode votes on A94 and most of the time AAS simply wins, we believe that votes should matter and even if we don't like them we set them because people voted for that, it's their right to get what they voted for.

Anyway, this is my opinion on things. my opinion is not representative of the community that I'm an admin on, I'm only speaking from personal experience and preference.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 20:42   #23
LimitJK

desert maps were fun for inf when stationary ATGMs could actually kill enemy tanks, allowing a space for meaningful inf combat. now its just hide and hide and whichever tank squad wins the fight decides the game.

desert maps are not boring for inf because assets kill you often (as they did in the past too); they are boring because infantry has no impact on the outcome of the round.

fixing this could make asset maps more attractive to inf again.
LimitJK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 22:18   #24
ToXiCGrAvE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitJK View Post

desert maps are not boring for inf because assets kill you often (as they did in the past too); they are boring because infantry has no impact on the outcome of the round.
I have to agree here with Limit, it is true that the ability to kill a tank with a single tow is the key element whether these maps are cool or not for ground inf.

When i build TOW next to chemical weapons i cant kill the tank. When i see the tank shoots the TOW i already give up. there is nothing you can do. Unless somebody pulls a HAT out of the blue or something like that but most of the time the fob is destroyed.

I suggest we give the TOW its original capability back. The T.O.W. and russian equelavant should be able to one shot a tank OR make it skill based. if you hit the projectile between turrent and hull, ded

As a reference what shoulder AT does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGoNdkwaKq0

And here a collection of TOW hits, note that in none of the cases the tank can continue killing like on PR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6_8LMNlRnI
Last edited by ToXiCGrAvE; 2017-08-09 at 22:23..
Old 2017-08-09, 22:37   #25
Hunter291

I suggest we give the TOW its original capability back. The T.O.W. and russian equelavant should be able to one shot a tank OR make it skill based. if you hit the projectile between turrent and hull, ded

That's kinda why 1.4 came out to stop tows killing tanks 1 shot. If you were half descent at the game you would aim for the side of the tank or the top of the turret to damage it more then shooting it front armor.
Hunter291 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 07:25   #26
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]UTurista View Post
they know that if were left for the common players to choose they would have a muttrah/Khamy/Kashan 24/7 server.
YEEESSS!!!!!
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 08:49   #27
ToXiCGrAvE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter291 View Post

That's kinda why 1.4 came out to stop tows killing tanks 1 shot. If you were half descent at the game you would aim for the side of the tank or the top of the turret to damage it more then shooting it front armor.
And its not bad, the update did its job. Should we remove tanks as well after a while? No ofcouse not, we work with the update and give feedback.

At this point, the TOW does not enough damage to the tank. Make it skill based. The tank is not skill based because, aim for the enemy TOW, click one time and congratulations, you have overrun and entire super fob.
ToXiCGrAvE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 10:01   #28
Heavy Death

HAT can actually be pulled out of your ass... ofcourse if there was an apc close to the infantry, not doing fuck all in the middle of nowhere "hunting armor"...
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 06:10   #29
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
Now touching on gamemodes, we do gamemode votes on A94 and most of the time AAS simply wins
Although it's known that EU can't into INS

On a serious note, neither votes or asking people for maps is cancer. They giving people false hope where someone will be disappointed because he "ignored" as everyone have different opinion. This doesn't happens when map just being set without notice by admin or script, most of people take it as inevitable nature.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
real