PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

Old 2017-08-20, 14:00   #91
[R-CON]​Chuva_RD
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Command and Control REDUX - 19th August 18:00 PRT - AREA 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
- Remove TOW. They are useless against the main armor (Tanks) anyways, but hold back APCs immensely. Instead you would be forced to use APCs for defending as well.
The point when you can say for sure that addition interfere with basis. Success of next stage demand success of previous one.
Chuva_RD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 08:02   #92
JohnF0X

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Here my (RU CO) view:

Both of our FOB locations were shit. The H4 FOB was supposed to be in G4 and the J7 zone was bugged. So instead of having two zone 2 FOBs we had two zone 1 FOBs so our gain was already less. Then you bought CAS while we bought 2 tanks and an AA. You moved your southern troops to M8 and we immediately send a tank there immediately to rek all of them. We lost both tanks at that point - you lost CAS - and thats when you could have won the game by just letting your new bought tanks stay defensive. We were forced to do a move while you were ahead so we bought CAS and a BMP3. We destroyed one APC/IFV and one Tank but lost our CAS. At some point you bought a 2 seater CAS jet which was also shot down by AA. At this situation, you were kinda fucked:
- Both your CAS jets were on cooldown
- Both your Tanks were on cooldown
- Our tanks were just coming off cooldown
- At some point we also had a hind
- We had a BMP3

------------------------------

Anyways, my suggestions to improve this for infantry (because quite a lot of squads were just sitting around for too long):
Problems:
- It is not really worth buying APCs for the infantry because it is better to just wait for enough money for a tank
- It is not really worth attacking a well placed FOB (in a ditch or inside a compound) with an APC because of TOW and LAT kits

So, to improve this you could:
- Remove TOW. They are useless against the main armor (Tanks) anyways, but hold back APCs immensely. Instead you would be forced to use APCs for defending as well. (Same could be done with AA, could be interesting to have AAV on FOBs instead of stationary AAs). This is my main suggestion.
- Increase the ticket gap between main armor and APCs either by making the ticket gain slower, or by decreasing the values a bit.

But other than that: Yes, the map is also to blame.
1st China never lost the Tank :P

2nd i dont think that the APCs are problematic or TOWs or that infantry can use them i do belive that the starting tickets should be slightly higher or that Heavier assets should be aviable from the begining APC/IFV such as BTR80A and BMP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
I hope that emphasizes how recon is a must-have for this game mode.
100% agree

3rd Russia outplayed us, i looked at the replay from the match and russia had most of the map control the majority of the time aswell as dedicated scouts which we, china, did not have whatso ever. i do belive the game mode is overall very balanced apart from a few tweaks and the Balance from the base game itself. we clearly got outplayed in the Intel department and rightfully lost because of it. that said this is the perspective from the Chinese Tank Gunner, we were quite pasive and didnt get called for help or were ariving to late at the fight, never saw any armor apart from the Shturm and only had 1 big engagement with infantry 30 minutes into the game by taking out a fob

4th biggest issue ive seen people talk about directly after the game was that "we were wasting to many tickets on assets such as jets" which true we should have saved since we only had one active fob at the end, Comanders and squadleaders should definetly talk this out betwen the other squads if it is sensible to buy or safe, a radical solution would be to have more then 1 or even 2 leads needing to agree with the decision forcefully by only alowing to buy a certain asset after the asset type has been ordered once by multiple people

i loved playng in this event, hope it will hapen more often then every once in a blue moon and hopefully have a better intel/comand structure next time
Last edited by JohnF0X; 2017-08-21 at 08:09..
Old 2017-08-21, 10:35   #93
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF0X View Post
3rd Russia outplayed us, i looked at the replay from the match and russia had most of the map control the majority of the time aswell as dedicated scouts which we, china, did not have whatso ever.
i do belive the game mode is overall very balanced apart from a few tweaks and the Balance from the base game itself. we clearly got outplayed in the Intel department and rightfully lost because of it.
That's simply not true, we've checked zones before battle and knew they're somewhat off.
My plan were consisting of 2 FOBs, one in G9 area for +2 income, one in city somewhere for +2 and possible +3 if it would be nice and clear around to build it on north east.

It was expected that russian side will try to sneak south if we'll push them on north part of map enough. Initial placement on mountain in G9 were meant to prevent such movements from start of round, but seeing that we're doing fine in city, and enemy just camping with 2 superfobs in H4 and J7 i've decided that we push from south ourself as i expected they would have no available crew to stop that early enough.
Meanwhile as we gained tech 4, quickly bought a tank and then jet to be ready to whatever russians will have. As WP squad from city started attacking H4 fob pretty good i've decided to send tank to north part of map support them there incase enemy armour will show up, while cas would meant to support south push.

As you may see, even with bought tank and cas, and i weren't even counting for apc's&shit we still had advantage of vehicles, tickets, income, and land grabbing. Not to mention that we were advancing to enemy side of map.
Quote:
that said this is the perspective from the Chinese Tank Gunner, we were quite pasive and didnt get called for help or were ariving to late at the fight, never saw any armor apart from the Shturm and only had 1 big engagement with infantry 30 minutes into the game by taking out a fob
And that's pretty much decided a game for H4 fob, my infantry guys said tank support were from books.

Meanwhile on other part of map we've placed ourself pretty decent and were about to start building fob in +3 area.

While i constantly were under fear than RU side will just buy 2 tanks, cas and aa and will push out our tank and inf from H4 area, they appeared on our location on south.

What happened next is that we got very lucky there.
First is that enemy tank got destroyed by cas without loosing one to tunguska next to it.

After that, second enemy tank got down by our last dude with HAT there.

That's was the state after those engagements.
We didn't started building fob on south so didn't lost anything but pack of expendable infantry and couple of trucks, while enemy lost 2 tanks. Meanwhile H4 assault were pretty much done, and we were constructing fob in tunnels with +3 instead. I'd call this a success.

That's from where i started making mistakes. I didn't payed attention to my clanmates who were moaning that cas pilots just being noobs and doing stuff like wasting 2 bombs to same target, dropping them from 500 alt and so on, still immediately bought another one, which costed us reduction from 4k to 2k tickets.
Meanwhile enemy were already sneaking up under our base which i were expecting, but not that fast.

Again, even with that fob under our main we still had more income and tickets than enemy as you see.

Apparently, we again lost cas, and i made same mistake of investing points into jets without proper pilots and without a plan to use it.

Meanwhile russians lost jet aswell, they decided not to buy any more of them, but instead go with ground push, while i sent tank to deal with shit under our base - our infantry on north flank just left without cover.

That's from where came back, fobs got down under armour push without cover, bmp in supply line were lucky to get logi convoy.

Quote:
4th biggest issue ive seen people talk about directly after the game was that "we were wasting to many tickets on assets such as jets" which true we should have saved since we only had one active fob at the end, Comanders and squadleaders should definetly talk this out betwen the other squads if it is sensible to buy or safe, a radical solution would be to have more then 1 or even 2 leads needing to agree with the decision forcefully by only alowing to buy a certain asset after the asset type has been ordered once by multiple people
There's been no time at all to talk about such stuff tbh. The only assets that's should've been being talked about is expensive tanks and cas, i've asked squadleads few times on brief that they should buy anything up to apc themself as they feel the need.

Our loose consists of two mistakes here.
1. After engagements in L8 area i did not sent troops to control map and instead made forced push to north side.
2. Kept investing points in jets again, again, and again even after it's been known that pilots less than capable to use it properly.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 22:28   #94
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Full round from chinese commander side if anyone interested.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 10:02   #95
Filamu
Supporting Member

Nice that you post these, always interesting to see the commanders thoughts.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 07:34   #96
Wicca
Supporting Member

Hey this went completely under my nose!

Well done guys! Awesome initiative!! Please make moar

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1800, 19th, area, august, command, control, prt, redux