project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
04 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2016-10-18, 17:34   #61
Woolfson

Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
...Woolfson, you have just been promoted to Uber Carbon Chamber Commander! this was very needed data and we also get an impression on how much the tournament as a structure has scaled up....
LOL!
I appreciate that commander, I'm really glad that I can still help out community
Woolfson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 10:36   #62
Michael_Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex L. View Post
I myself was a dedicated pilot in C1...When Gaz moved to the admin team I became commander for C2 and C3.
Okay, so trying to understand this puzzle.

C2 is NODFOR Team - NATO Defence Force - Blufor (Alex L. Commander)
C3 is NARFOR Team - North Atlantic Response Force - Blufor (Alex L. Commander)

But, with the new information from yesterday, we can see on this snapshot, that Hitperson was also commander for NARFOR, in C3?

Project Reality Tournament Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Meaning, Hitperson replaced you as NARFOR CO, while you moved into the admin position, as also seen on the picture.

Do you or anyone else, recall what took place?

Question to the length of the first four campaigns?

From the image source provided by Woolfson yesterday, we now have a pretty good felling of when the tournament started, namely in the spring of 2006.

Since campaign 5 started in the spring of 2007, it means 4 campaigns was fought during that year. Could those campaigns then have included 10 battles each, or are we talking about 5 instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolfson View Post
LOL!
I appreciate that commander, I'm really glad that I can still help out community
Woolfson your post broke a wall this little project faced. Big help! Once again Thank You.
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-19 at 13:21..
Old 2016-10-26, 09:22   #63
PFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Why was that by the way, the change from NATO Bravo to NATO Charlie, if you recall?
We just had a mostly crap campaign and lots of people left so it was just an idea to start the next year with a new name. Alpha stayed Alpha because of how almost nobody was left over of that team.

Quote:
1. did Casualty stay as NATO SCO for the remainder of campaign 7?
I'm fairly certain yes and that he retired from full time commanding after C7 ended.

Quote:
2. was Grayknight not the tactical NATO CO in C7, before he went NATO SCO?
My first involvement in PRT was in the second half of C7 after the CATA1 scandal. I hae no knowledge of him being on any NATO team from the second half of the campaign which was temporarily paused by the scandal.

Speaking of which I may remember that there was some ex Lead admin who did a kind of post mortem report on the whole incident or something, posted it like one of those governmental investigation thingies. Not sure if that's forsaken in the archives or not.

Quote:
Also the emotional drama, I got that message from another old source, back in 2008 too, about really bad chemistry between NATO and CATA, NATO and the admins and CATA and the admins, so yeah, probably why so few wanna talk about that campaign, or might even have decided to forget all about it?
Definitely lots of drama. There was a lot of tension over how the admin adjudicated fouls during the battles and the culture at the time was to seek any and all opportunities to report the enemy for infractions because you figured they'd do it to you and if you didn't get a few licks in then the admin would punish you more than the other guys just because of how it seemed to work out. I have more than a few anecdotes I wouldn't likely share in a public thread about those tumultuous times.

Quote:
Scot (aka Col.Scot) - NATO2 HCO (on Aug 27, 2009, was in role of NATO CO ?!? 2nd link
That's right I'd completely forgotten about Scot. Sorry scot.

He was kind of like Eddie's right hand towards the end. I can't remember if he was the one who took the SCO slot after Eddie or not, but he didn't last long after Eddie either. Basically C8 was where the first half of the campaign saw all the key leaders from C7 NATO just leave one after another barring a few. It meant a lot of people ended up doing staff jobs and high level leading jobs that they never wanted to but sacrificed their sanity for the sake of the team. In its own way that was a source of pride for the otherwise serial loser NATO team of that era. The camaraderie of sacrifice in the face of humiliating defeats.

Quote:
cfschris - NATO Alpha/Bravo CO C8
He never commanded a battle. I took over his position before the campaign began.

Quote:
Swordfish - NATO2 HCO C8?
My good friend. At one point I was in Arizona with him firing guns on a range during a battlecycle.
PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 12:23   #64
Woolfson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk View Post
Speaking of which I may remember that there was some ex Lead admin who did a kind of post mortem report on the whole incident or something, posted it like one of those governmental investigation thingies. Not sure if that's forsaken in the archives or not.
It was distinguished gentleman which goes by the name of Alex L.
https://web.archive.org/web/20081229...ad.php?t=20522
https://web.archive.org/web/20081229...ad.php?t=20473

p.s. Hello PFunk, sir!
Woolfson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 01:59   #65
PFunk

Quote:
p.s. Hello PFunk, sir!
Hello hello.
PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 20:44   #66
Michael_Denmark

A few questions in regard to the classification of the commander players involved on the list.

I have been thinking about the two commander conditions, deployed in post 1, classifying the tournament CMDR/CO/SCO, into an either completed or partly completed commander. Is that classification sufficient?

What about at least two more additional lists, of which the first will focus on resigned and and not resigned commanders? Again with the superstructure of the tournament in mind. The second additional list then focusing on taking over from someone else and only that. Because that is difficult too and thus important in regard to how the superstructure of the tournament has been designed, to overcome such a situation.

Then their is also the question of fairness, related to respecting the people involved, regardless of being starting, replacing or completing commanders.

Is it fair for all the ones not having completed a campaign, only to be mentioned as such? Is it clever, in the long run, in terms of the tournament structure?

Well, questions, please share your thoughts. Need help on this one too.

Thank you again Pfunk, Woolfson and everyone else providing the project with information. Anything else you remember or can dig out, please do not hesitate to post it, because the list, although getting nearer the end than the start, still need plenty of validation. Could be a month or two more before reaching mission completed.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 11:26   #67
Michael_Denmark

List is updated with the SCOs and COS from campaign 12.
Old 2017-10-12, 12:04   #68
Michael_Denmark

List is updated with the commanders in progress, campaign 13.
Old 2017-12-15, 16:29   #69
Michael_Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
...In addition to that, last campaign (C11) I played the role of XO for MRF where I took up a number of responsibilities in support of both the SCO and CO including team admin, and in-game support for the CO and his decision making processes. Should XOs therefore have consideration within the framework of your question?
Looking at the list again, and then Jesus Christ, - it seems I never answered that part of your question Web. Getting old here, getting old. Hope you will accept my apology.

So:

Should XOs therefore have consideration within the framework of your question?

I hope we somehow, can extend this type of list, to every single participant in the tournament, XOs included.

But since the SCO and CO functions, are the two core functions, from where the team is created and styled, those are the ones I decided to focus on, from start.

In fact, as also mentioned elsewhere, the tournament administrators, should also be included, since they are the core functions of the entire tournament.

So if anyone has the time and energy, then we have plenty of lists to make in the future. Tournament Administrators, XOs/2iCs, HCOs, Squad Leaders, NCOs and squad members.

Tags
amount, commander, players, project, reality, tournament