project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2015-06-16, 02:36   #11
Airsoft
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Animation & Rate of fire - why BluFor weapons are op

Lay off the personal attacks or this discussion is over.

Higher ROF guns do have less recoil in full auto in PR. You will see the recoil between for every shot in semi vs full auto is a different difference. The firing animation for the next round cancels out the previous round, similar to when you try to reload and immediately go prone. This is an engine limitation, not much we can do without changing full auto values to unrealistic numbers.

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 02:38   #12
tankninja1

Somebody open a window its getting heated in here :0
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 02:53   #13
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Airsoft View Post

Higher ROF guns do have less recoil in full auto in PR. You will see the recoil between for every shot in semi vs full auto is a different difference. The firing animation for the next round cancels out the previous round, similar to when you try to reload and immediately go prone. This is an engine limitation, not much we can do without changing full auto values to unrealistic numbers.
That's what I have been suggesting: to shorten recoil animation so it feels more "sharp"(as intended with guns that have shortstroke piston system...etc.).

---
After swapping around animations; I found out that AK-74 tends to cause gun to immediately start drifting left/right while L85 or Galil ironsight zoom_fire(firing while aiming down sight) animation tends to keep the first few rounds going up instead.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2015-06-16 at 03:36..
Old 2018-04-23, 12:22   #14
MistakeNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Airsoft View Post

This has always been my main gripe with PR. However, playing with the semi-auto rifles (SLR, M14) I noticed that the semi-auto shooting feels much more "on point". The carbines and rifles that are capable of fully automatic fire somehow seem to lose this trait and the recoil seem much harsher, so much so that auto is almost preferable.

I do understand the argument of using auto up close and single at longer range but single fire still feels under-powered when engaging in CQB. Quick taps with single fire should be a viable alternative. From my own experience shooting an AK equivalent in 7.62 x 39, it was always preferable to "get behind" the gun and tap multiple shots on target than switching over to automatic fire.

I understand if this is an issue that cannot be fixed, but I would appreciate confirmation if that is the case.
MistakeNot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 17:42   #15
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

You're replying to a post from 2015.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 18:13   #16
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

You can balance stuff out(900 RPM compared to 600 RPM compared to 450 RPM).
You can make semi more viable, too.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 22:14   #17
MistakeNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
You can balance stuff out(900 RPM compared to 600 RPM compared to 450 RPM).
You can make semi more viable, too.
You're implying that it is doable rather than I ought to do it it, I hope.
MistakeNot is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
animation, blufor, fire, length, rate, weapons