project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Tasks
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Tasks Want to help? Find tasks needing to be completed here.

Old 2018-04-20, 15:43   #1
lakinen
Default [Request] pictures of buildings

-If somebody has or finds pictures of buildings from Vietnam 1960-70. I am interested in the district of the city of An Loc.Images of vegetation around the city from that time.Please pm,or send here tnx

I have a wiki image after the battle, but I do not have a detailed picture of An loc.And these new images with google earth pro, do not match the pictures from 60s (normally . In 60s it was probably a little bigger village.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCTdsKQYAw8
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 14:03   #2
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Request] pictures of buildings

You are very unlikely to find anyone who either has a stash of pictures from this battle lying around or is willing to do your research for you tbh.

It is really a matter of googling and researching this stuff for yourself, which will also give you a much better overview and understanding than just receiving lots of pics from someone else. Try varying your google searches, for things like:
Battle of An L?c / Battle of An Loc
An L?c 1972 / An Loc 1972
An L?c Vietnam War
etc.

For historic battles that came well before the internet like this, it is sometimes worth actually looking into physical books on the battle/event, especially if they have decent pictures with them as a lot of that will not have made it onto the internet. While yes, buying a book isn't free, it is worth it if your serious about a project and not just for the pictures, but also understanding it and its background.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 08:42   #3
agus92
Supporting Member

For online resources, check and scribd (has a massive amount of military documents, free download on free trial).

Also, for once, wikipedia has a good ref: http://www.vnafmamn.com/Valiant_Anloc.html
Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 2018-04-26 at 17:47..
Old 2018-04-24, 08:44   #4
agus92
Supporting Member

Lastly, try searching in vietnamese with the help of google translator, since I don't believe there's too much american pictures from the ground, because there were few americans deployed by that stage.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 13:45   #5
lakinen

thanks a lot Agus92.

This was supposed to me to see the types of houses. I've seen on your pictures that they had asphalt (good to put on map).

-[R-DEV]Rhino,I did not want to know this information to study the battle.I accidentally know how to use google(but I did not find this images).I just asked people if they have too much time and are more skilled with the Internet to send me links or pictures.
-By the way, to ask you to put a map 4km and inside battleground 2km(because of flying objects)?
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
buildings, pictures, request