project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2018-05-17, 00:35   #11
Acecombatzer0
Default Re: Bullet "cracks" sound unrealistic

Yes, the "crack" is the sound of the bullet flying by you. If you pull targets at the 500m line, you can notice a very slight delay between the hole appearing on your target, and hearing the actual gun fire in the distance.

Yeah not a developer of any kind so I'm not so sure
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 19:42   #12
lakinen

To what exact sound do you think, because there are several types?
Several of them are active at the same time.I looked at all 3 videos.
-There is a different background around your video.Each material has a variation of sounds, on each material there are at least 10+ variations of sounds.
-bullet-fly-by
-impact
-rico
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 21:25   #13
Avenged_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombatzer0 View Post
Just a quick thread hopefully, why does the bullet "crack" sound so much better in older versions of Project Reality?
I've thought about this in a number of occasions, actually.

To be honest, I loved the "POW" and the "SNAP" of the bullets flying past my head for a while, but it quickly came to me that real gunfire actually sounds a lot more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x19uoVfJnrM

I absolutely understand that PR is running on what can be considered an "ancient" engine, but still, I wonder if it's possible to make distant fire sound like those "pops" that you can hear on many videos like this, such as the likes of Funker530 and so on, instead of hearing your typical gun sounds in the game.

What do you guys think?
Avenged_Fate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 22:06   #14
lakinen

The answer is yes.The sound can be changed in engine.
"I absolutely understand that PR is running on what can be considered an "ancient" engine"-keep in mind that their newest engine is just an upgrade to this one.
Old 2018-06-22, 12:01   #15
Avenged_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinen View Post
The answer is yes.The sound can be changed in engine.
I love that answer

But now my question is: How likely is it for the DEVs to actually change the sounds to similar ones, such as the ones in the showcased videos in this thread?
Avenged_Fate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 16:17   #16
lakinen

From this one of your videos, I've isolated one sound for now. It was looted from a burst of fire.I'm not sure which machine gun is the sound,I think that m2 ...and thanks for the sound video, I hope that it will help someone like me

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sL...xIUvhukQhfNDnD

"But now my question is: How likely is it for the DEVs to actually change the sounds to similar ones, such as the ones in the showcased videos in this thread? "-it's a question for DEVs
Old 2018-11-20, 04:29   #17
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinen View Post
From this one of your videos, I've isolated one sound for now. It was looted from a burst of fire.I'm not sure which machine gun is the sound,I think that m2 ...and thanks for the sound video, I hope that it will help someone like me

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sL...xIUvhukQhfNDnD

"But now my question is: How likely is it for the DEVs to actually change the sounds to similar ones, such as the ones in the showcased videos in this thread? "-it's a question for DEVs
Depends if it's good enough to include it

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 20:34   #18
lakinen

I have forgotten about this topic.This was the point my messages.To make sounds from real videos,better than sampled.I just pulled out the sound from Avenged_Fate video inserted into the game test and this is the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFH-hCvwdaE

The m249 with optic sound is from Pr original,the m249 without optic is from video sound.The same weapon but different sound.It seems a little natural for me.It's not perfect, but it's just a lack of time.

greeting

There's no real flame on your screen, it's just magic

Tags
bullet, cracks, sound, unrealistic