project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2015-08-08, 09:33   #71
MightyPole
Default Re: Animating for Battlefield 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]KaB View Post
Many thanks for quick response mate!
MightyPole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 22:10   #72
Haggard99

Are the links dead? Can someone reupload them?
Haggard99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 00:45   #73
[R-DEV]​w0lf3k
PR:BF2 Developer

Hello, can somebody explain how animate things such as bipod on rpk74m(run animation, bipod shaking) deployed or ironsight animation on AT4(deploy animation)? As i know mesh2,3,4,5... should have same pivot as mesh1... So not quite understand how to animate such things.
w0lf3k is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 12:55   #74
[R-DEV]​w0lf3k

Looks like i'm found solution. U can rotate and operate those meshes by using helper-dummy(green) with this hierarchy.

Full tutorial if interested of 4 parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXrbc6RN4rQ

I was doing same before, but looks like i messed up with links or smth. Redone it from a scratch and it works. Now i have pivot(using dummy's) in positions where i need them.

btw ty for reuploading some Chuc's videos <3
Last edited by [R-DEV]w0lf3k; 2017-08-19 at 13:09..
Old 2017-11-07, 12:23   #75
[R-DEV]​w0lf3k

bone selection tut by Chuc.
Quote:
Most of what is explained in the video, however one very important thing is the ANIMATED selection sets of which for third person animating, is quite tricky to remember the first time.

Exporting is tricky in that there are certain bones you need to export depending on the kind of animation.

Stand
Standing fire
Zoom
Zoom fire
Prone Fire
Reload
Prone Reload
Idle animations
Stand deploy

All those animations require you to ANIMATED select all the bones EXCEPT for -

left_upperleg
left_knee
left_lowerleg
left_foot
left_ball

mesh9
mesh10
mesh11
mesh12
mesh13

right_upperleg
right_knee
right_lowerleg
right_foot
right_ball

mesh14
mesh15
mesh16

-----

Next is the crouch still animation.
The problem I've encountered is that once you export the crouch still (and also the prone still animation, since they're
exported in the same way) you are UNABLE to import it again, so be careful.

Same ANIMATED selection, except this time also DESELECT the root bone.

Do the crouchturnleft, crouchturnright in the same way as the standturn equivalents. However this time you need to select
ALL the bones for export.

-----

Zoom fire animations are what I would consider my favourite, don't ask why..
Exported in the same way as the stand animation. Also, if you want to line up the sights with the eye, bring the sights to the right eye bone, and have the point where he's looking just under the bone. Once you exported the zoom fire animation, take the last frame of the zoom fire animation and copy it throughout the sequence and export that as your zoom animation.

Do the same with the prone_fire animation.

-----

The last and probably most tedious is all the other animations, like running, crouch walking and prone crawling. For these you need to select ALL the bones for exporting. To make life easier, set up IK constraints between the left ullna and the weapon, and also save the finger positions so you can easily import them again without having to tinker with them by eye every time.

-----

Unfortunately, I've been unable to work out how to properly export the Crouch deploy and prone deploy animations without them looking all super funky.
w0lf3k is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 19:35   #76
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Updated the download links in the OP

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 11:10   #77
MajorIceman

Hi there

Wasnt sure if it would be ok to ask this question here as it is partly related or i should start of a new post but is it possible to put Animation on a Vehicle?

For example after you take off in a plan a trigger will trigger the animation to say extend the wings back or roll out an engine pod as idealy i need to have some wings extend downwards on a Goul'd Cargo Ship and then retract when under a certain speed and heigh like the landing gear but i need to these with Horizontal and Vertical movements so you can see what i mean a video to a Puddle Jumper i ahve done but although it works it causes other problems as the Pivot is way above the craft and if something was to hit where the pivot is causes damage to the craft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=FlulU_UaPEQ

Hopefully this has attached the video ok if i need repost this else where i will
MajorIceman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 14:21   #78
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Vehicles can't have animations in BF2, but they can in BF2142 (with the mechs walking animation etc) but dunno how that works.

Offset pivot is the only real way, shouldn't cause the craft damage if done right but does have other issues like making a large bounding box and other possible issues coming from it, but as long as you don't have a col on the pivot it should just go though anything.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
animating, animation, battlefield, tutorial