project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 2019-04-14, 17:47   #1
Panther.03
Default No Squad radio voice

Hi Guys,

I have a problem, i don't hear voices in squad voice chat, i see the names of the People who are talking but I don't hear their voices.
Hopefully someone can help me

Good luck on the battlefield
Panther.03
Panther.03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 01:39   #2
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: No Squad radio voice

Hi Panther! Welcome to the forum

This is a common bug/issue with PRMumble that occurs.

What you need to do to fix it is press Ctrl Alt and Delete and select Task Manager.

Alt-Tab from the game if the window doesn't appear in front and go under Background processes and find PRMumble.exe. You can select any line and press P to find all processes starting with P.

Click on PRMumble.exe and then select End task. Select yes on the window to close.

Afterwards, PRMumble.exe will start up again and it will reconnect to the mumble server which will bring back the voices. PRMumble will open again as long as PRBF2.exe is running.

Alternatively, if you have another window open, you can Alt and Tab out, go to the icons on the menu bar at the bottom right, select the arrow and right-click on the PR nametag icon and select close. This will start it again.

Hope it helps!

[R-DEV]Arab

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 11:08   #3
Panther.03

First thanks for the fast answere, but hasn't helps.
Panther.03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 12:40   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Make sure to correctly configure Mumble to use the right audio device for listening (speakers,headphones,...) and for transmitting (the correct microphone).

https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en...html#pr-mumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the manual
It’s recommended that you also check the main settings panel directly within the mumble application to make sure it’s all correctly set-up. To do this, locate the PR Dogtags in the system tray next to the Windows system clock (PR has to be running), click on the icon to open the mumble interface then locate settings at the top. After that the settings panel will appear and you can configure your input and output audio devices and alter more keyboard shortcuts and other settings.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 13:33   #5
Panther.03

Yes Guys now I hear voices
Thanks for help
The game is now much better

Good luck on the battlefield Panther.03
Last edited by Panther.03; 2019-04-15 at 14:10..