project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2019-06-02, 13:18   #21
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: FAMAS French Riffle (PR versus Real Life)

This isn't Counterstrike. We do not have recoil patterns, how the engine instead operates is that you get to set a min/max recoil value for up(, down), left and right side recoil at a uniform distribution(the other two randomisation options break the battlerecorder). Now, the Famas does indeed have more recoil than other 5.56 assault rifles and it's no biggie to reduce the values to at least the level of the other two bullpups, but the actual discrepency isn't so big as to make that much of a deal out of it imo.

@Cherno cool story bro.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 16:46   #22
Chernobog95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
This isn't Counterstrike. We do not have recoil patterns, how the engine instead operates is that you get to set a min/max recoil value for up(, down), left and right side recoil at a uniform distribution(the other two randomisation options break the battlerecorder). Now, the Famas does indeed have more recoil than other 5.56 assault rifles and it's no biggie to reduce the values to at least the level of the other two bullpups, but the actual discrepency isn't so big as to make that much of a deal out of it imo.

@Cherno cool story bro.
Screw battle recorder, what story?
Chernobog95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 20:18   #23
Valmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Now, the Famas does indeed have more recoil than other 5.56 assault rifles and it's no biggie to reduce the values to at least the level of the other two bullpups.
Making the devs aware of this excessive recoil (on the FAMAS) is what this thread was all about.

Knowing that you guys are now aware of it and the fact that it could now be potentially fixed in future updates is more than enough.

Now, regarding how big of a deal it is, considering how many cool maps feature the french forces and how many of the French kits use the FAMAS (like 90% of them) I would say the FAMAS is quite a big of a deal. It basically does or undoes a whole faction and the gameplay of at least 4 maps.
Valmont is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 20:25   #24
Valmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
Copypaste the AR-15 variants recoil pattern onto to all the other 900rpm guns and problem solved
Not all 900 RPM weapons behave the same in Real Life so why would they in PR? Besides it is good that not all weapons feel the same and require practice and mastering!

The thing with the FAMAS is that no matter how much you practice with it you could simply not fire it in FULL auto at any distance reliably. The discrepancy with Real Life was way too notorious for both new and experienced players and specially for real life FAMAS users.
Old 2019-06-02, 22:09   #25
Chernobog95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
Not all 900 RPM weapons behave the same in Real Life so why would they in PR? Besides it is good that not all weapons feel the same and require practice and mastering!

The thing with the FAMAS is that no matter how much you practice with it you could simply not fire it in FULL auto at any distance reliably. The discrepancy with Real Life was way too notorious for both new and experienced players and specially for real life FAMAS users.
Seeing how FAMAS was butchered, I would't be surprised if Ultimax LMG was implemented and it has heavy recoil when by design its recoil is non-existent and you could fire it one handed like a pistol in full auto, stock not touching the shoulder.
Chernobog95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-26, 13:24   #26
Valmont
Default Re: FAMAS French Rifle (PR versus Real Life)

-Just a reminder-

Please Devs try to include the FAMAS fix for version 1.6!
Old 2019-08-27, 05:02   #27
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
-Just a reminder-

Please Devs try to include the FAMAS fix for version 1.6!
Will do now.

Edit: Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Biggest problem with recoil is no use of "back down on recoil" setting.
And I think having recoil set in that way breaks Battlerecorder for some reason like what happened around 1.4 ish

Last edited by Arab; 2019-08-27 at 10:56..
Old 2019-08-27, 16:45   #28
Valmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Will do now.

Edit: Done.
Thank you Arab!

Or should I say:

MERCY mon ami!

Tags
balance, famas, full auto, recoil